Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mastering eq plugin Harrison
I was thinking about buy the mastering eq plugin of Harrison but seeing it on youtube i was a bit disappointed. Set the bands by 'painting' the curve is not realy my thing
but i like the opinion of some users who work with this plugin.

PLEASE Harrison crew can you make / write a master eq plugin just with buttons and rotory knobs just like a normal paramatric eq? But one that fits the audio quality of mixbus?
I know it is a strange request but i feel that it work better for me and thus faster.
Maybe a stereo version with has the option of 2 mono or mid/side processing.

Hope to hear from you and users who work with the eq plugin

- Angelie
It's not about what you got to use, but how you use what you got...
Hello Angelie,

You can adjust each band of the XT-ME Mastering EQ by hovering over it and moving the mousewheel up or down. This is sometimes how I use the plug-in when I want to focus on specific frequencies.

Speaking as a former mastering engineer, I actually find the XT-ME much more versatile and tweak-able than a typical parametric EQ. Mastering is all about minutiae, so being able to "draw" the desired curve(s) can be a plus Smile

I'm sure we will develop more mastering plug-ins in the future. Thanks for the input!

Best,

Tim
Tim, Thank you for your reply.
I will follow the developments, pheraps i should try it or use the outboard.
Maybe it is not as bad as it looks :-)

- Angelie
(03-03-2014, 04:32 PM)AngieX Wrote: Tim, Thank you for your reply.
I will follow the developments, pheraps i should try it or use the outboard.
Maybe it is not as bad as it looks :-)

- Angelie

Definitely worth trying IMHO
Sean McLeroy
BeHip, LLC
SMG Productions, Inc.
www.behiprecords.com
I agree with AngieX that in some cases it's quite useful to have a knob to "search" for that frequency that you want cut/boost. Maybe it's just a matter of little adjustments (in particular during mastering), but a knob would give you the opportunity to tweak better your action. Great plugin anyway Wink
Quote:“A mix is never finished, you just have to abandon it!”
George Massenburg

Santo Clemenzi
www.santoclemenzi.com
Hi Santo,

You are absolutely right, sometimes it is best to use a parametric EQ that allows you to sweep the filter frequency. There are lots and lots of parametric EQs available.

The XT-EQ and XT-ME are a different type of filter that isn't conducive to "sweeping" like that. They use different math and have a different sound character.

Best,
-Ben
I guess i'm going ( or should i say my man) to buy the mastering eq.
And perhaps i'm going to like it's workflow.

BUT, i still have a question for Ben
How much difference. Is there between the mastering eq and thwe standard eq plugin of Harrison?

Thank you all for the reply...
The XT-ME and XT-EQ use a "flat top" eq algorithm. So when you boost 2 or more adjacent bands, you don't get peaks and valleys, you get a "flat" line at the gain you selected. This is very different than a typical EQ.

The channelstrip EQs are well suited to tweaking individual instruments.

The XT-EQ and XT-ME are better suited to full-mix EQing.

I hope this helps!
Thank you for your time Ben.
So both are working on the same technique, only master eq has more bands.
Is this correctly?
I'm talking about both plugins offcourse Smile and not a standard eq.

- Angelie
Yes that is correct. They both use the same algorithms. The ME version has more bands, and requires more CPU.