Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how do i start Mixbus32c from the console
so yes that already my whole question.. mixbus3 I type Mixbus3 and its booting up, typing Mixbus32c and similar doesnt do the same thing ...
Mixbus32C3

I found it with tab completion 'Mix[tab][tab]'
(05-04-2016, 01:35 AM)calimerox Wrote: so yes that already my whole question.. mixbus3 I type Mixbus3 and its booting up, typing Mixbus32c and similar doesnt do the same thing ...

Just wondering : why do you want to strat Mixbus from the console ?

Regards
Frank W. Kooistra

- MMB32C 9.1, AD/DA: Motu:1248, 8A, 8D, Monitor8. X-Touch,, Mini M1 11.6.2, venture 13.3 plugins melda fabfilter harrison No Harrison CP-1 
(05-04-2016, 03:54 AM)Frank Wrote:
(05-04-2016, 01:35 AM)calimerox Wrote: so yes that already my whole question.. mixbus3 I type Mixbus3 and its booting up, typing Mixbus32c and similar doesnt do the same thing ...

Just wondering : why do you want to start Mixbus from the console ?

Regards

It saves having to dig in logs to see what's happening as runtime messages appear in the terminal.

Though it could be for workflow reasons. Maybe a shell script to move a session to ssd or out of archive and back to live projects and then open it for example.

Look into /opt/<mixbus32cdirectory>/bin and find the startup script. Type the full path into a terminal or cd into there and do ./<scriptname>.
(Sorry I'm not in the studio, so can't give the exact path)

MMM

edit PS: or you put the command with path into a bash script in ~/bin Smile
(05-04-2016, 04:15 AM)Domino Wrote: It saves having to dig in logs to see what's happening as runtime messages appear in the terminal.

Though it could be for workflow reasons. Maybe a shell script to move a session to ssd or out of archive and back to live projects and then open it for example.

mixbus is in /opt and started with a shell script
To catch a standard error wold be a nice addition

I wonder if it is wise to add thing you do occasionally ( move to ssd or out of archive) is a wise thing to do. You start Mixbus more often than you need to move things in and out
It is not bad idea at all to put standard actions into scripts on the other hand

regards
Frank W. Kooistra

- MMB32C 9.1, AD/DA: Motu:1248, 8A, 8D, Monitor8. X-Touch,, Mini M1 11.6.2, venture 13.3 plugins melda fabfilter harrison No Harrison CP-1 
(05-04-2016, 08:28 AM)Frank Wrote: I wonder if it is wise to add thing you do occasionally ( move to ssd or out of archive) is a wise thing to do. You start Mixbus more often than you need to move things in and out
It is not bad idea at all to put standard actions into scripts on the other hand

It's theory rather than practice at the moment. I prefer to primarily work from a file browser, so I'd navigate to the archive session, right click and run the script from there. I got out of the habit of opening sessions from the file browser with Ardour. There was a bug where spaces in the path prevented it opening a session from the command line.

So my right click options in the file browser for .ardour files would have Open With Mixbus, Restore and Open With Mixbus with the normal open as default for a left click launch. So occasional right click, normal left click..

I had this style of workflow in mind when I wrote a script to convert midi drums to Hydrogen drum patterns. http://dominodesigns.info/m2hpc/index.html has a quick explanation of that.
thanks for your answers guys,

the Mix (tab) (tab) worked brilliantly Wink

Its for me more a convenience: when starting the computer i usually start all programs from the terminal, so this is much faster for me .. thanks again !
(05-04-2016, 12:52 PM)calimerox Wrote: thanks for your answers guys,

Its for me more a convenience: when starting the computer i usually start all programs from the terminal, so this is much faster for me .. thanks again !

Alt-F2 is a handy alternative to the terminal if you prefer keyboard launching..
(05-04-2016, 12:52 PM)calimerox Wrote: thanks for your answers guys,

How do you know you started the intended shell (the mixbus start procedure ) like this ??
Frank W. Kooistra