Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Simply can't launch Mixbus / Roland HS-5
So ...

I've tried a couple of Linux distros (AV Linux 2016 x86 and Ubuntu Studio 16.04 X86) .
The problem is that I can't launch Mixbus (Latest version x86) ...

On AV Linux I get to the audio options dialog, but then after clicking start it says failed to open audio device (or something like that) ... funnily I can't even start Jack on AV Linux .

On Ubuntu I've managed to get Jack started, but the same problem as with AV Linux ..
Failed to open audio device .

This goes on with Ardour 4 also .

My PCs a very old HP a309.fi Dekstop PC .
(05-02-2016, 07:08 AM)Zergei72 Wrote: So ...

I've tried a couple of Linux distros (AV Linux 2016 x86 and Ubuntu Studio 16.04 X86) .

On AV Linux I get to the audio options dialog, but then after clicking start it says failed to open audio device (or something like that) ... funnily I can't even start Jack on AV Linux .

The problem is simple : you have to select Jack in the audio configuration window.

On AVlinux on cannot start jack : is already running
Other OS es is somehow similar : I think AVlinux is preconfigured most, for a starter

On U Studio one has to start Jack after you config

Good luck !
Frank W. Kooistra

- MMB32C 9.1, AD/DA: Motu:1248, 8A, 8D, Monitor8. X-Touch,, Mini M1 11.6.2, venture 13.3 plugins melda fabfilter harrison No Harrison CP-1 
(05-02-2016, 07:08 AM)Zergei72 Wrote: So ...

On Ubuntu I've managed to get Jack started, but the same problem as with AV Linux ..
Failed to open audio device .

This goes on with Ardour 4 also .

My PCs a very old HP a309.fi Dekstop PC .

Hi,

The AV Linux User Manual found in your 'Accessories' menu explains everything you need to know, have a look at page 41 and that section about setting things up..