Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Save loudness analysis as image file [Completed in 3.4]
It'd be handy to keep copies of the loudness reports as a png or jpg.

Ideally I like an autosave option so I'd get:

session.wav
session.png

for each export, and a save button on the report for anyone who didn't want it every time.
neat idea!
give me half an hour.. Smile

Though I think this should rather be a global preference without the option to override in a case by case basis in order to prevent the following scenario: Export, save image, export-again (replace), forget to save image.
For rare off-by-one cases, nearly every system has a Print-Screen function.
Not to make this take 45 minutes instead of 1/2 hour...
You could use the name of the wav file as a base, which can be configured to include the date/time, so overwriting would not be a problem (assuming you're using that option).
Well, yes, currently the file extension (.wav, .w64, .flac, .ogg,...) is removed and replaced with .png. So if you add a date or revision, you're safe.

When doing this I noticed that my logic above was flawed: One can disable analysis on a per-export basis. Skipping analysis will leave old image files in place. One possibility: when audio files are replaced/overwritten: either update or delete the corresponding .png.

Anyway, so far "Save loudness analysis as image file" is a Preference and not [yet] available on a per-export basis. Tweaking the work-flow and getting these details right is the most time consuming aspect.

PS. It did take 45 mins after all (https://github.com/Ardour/ardour/commit/5f65964ee) so time's up Smile j/k
(05-02-2016, 09:57 AM)x42 Wrote: Well, yes, currently the file extension (.wav, .w64, .flac, .ogg,...) is removed and replaced with .png. So if you add a date or revision, you're safe.

When doing this I noticed that my logic above was flawed: One can disable analysis on a per-export basis. Skipping analysis will leave old image files in place. One possibility: when audio files are replaced/overwritten: either update or delete the corresponding .png.

Anyway, so far "Save loudness analysis as image file" is a Preference and not [yet] available on a per-export basis. Tweaking the work-flow and getting these details right is the most time consuming aspect.

PS. It did take 45 mins after all (https://github.com/Ardour/ardour/commit/5f65964ee) so time's up Smile j/k
better ?
Frank W. Kooistra

- MMB32C 9.1, AD/DA: Motu:1248, 8A, 8D, Monitor8. X-Touch,, Mini M1 11.6.2, venture 13.3 plugins melda fabfilter harrison No Harrison CP-1 
(05-02-2016, 09:57 AM)x42 Wrote: It did take 45 mins after all (https://github.com/Ardour/ardour/commit/5f65964ee) so time's up Smile j/k

It took a _bit_ longer than that to get my hands on it, but works great. Thanks!
Well, thank you, for suggesting it in the first place.