Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What is the deal with lack of latency compensation for utility buses
(11-27-2017, 10:55 AM)SimonGreen Wrote: Am I allowed to ask about your M/S processing setup in Mixbus - I've only ever used this with dedicated plugins (for low end to mono as an example) but would be good to mess with other possibilities as you suggest. I've just never been able to get my head around it to be honest!

Absolutely, it's not too hard. You make a mono AUX bus with 2 inputs which you feed with both the left and the right channel, that's L+R, your M-signal. You make another mono AUX bus which you again feed with both channels, but this time one of them phase flipped - that's your S-signal. To recombine into an LR pair you need to organise M+S for L and M-S for R using the same method.
There are some level changes in coding/decoding from one into the other but you will compensate for this "automatically" using your ears and the faders Smile

I once had a good pdf-article about stereo but I can't find it atm... it's not on my server, I hope it's still on the tablet I used then to read it. I will make it available when I find it.

Cheers,
MMM
MMM,

That's very kind of you - it's appreciated.

I'll have a mess and see if I can work it our (finally!)

Regards,

Simon