Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixbus32C
(05-01-2016, 02:09 PM)Frank Wrote:
(05-01-2016, 10:41 AM)dayvyg Wrote: This is a good checklist to use:

http://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/art...-Windows-7

Scanned through it : was like going back in time.

What i missed is : Windows has an option where it lets unused CPU sleep. This option needs to be switched off: I lost my notes about in : But when you scan for sleep in the registry, you will find it : delete those lines

In the Bios there is a option which allows one CPU to run faster, while the other cores are put to sleep: It has several names : speed step is one of them: switch that off. We want all cores active.

Hyperthreading: Be pragmatic about this: In theory Hyperthreading is non functional for DSP like tasks. and it can slow down. So switch it off and check your speed. If slower switch it on again.
I noticed that on a Mac Hyperthreading is always on. I believe some compilers have optimised hyperthreading.

Good Luck

I tried switching off hyperthreading in BIOS, but it didn't make any change.
I also adjusted the prefferences accordingly in Mixbus.

More to test tommorow...
Just bought Mixbus32C. Loaded a session, but one thing hasn't changed from Mixbus3. 3rd party GUIs still don't work properly. Otherwise program looks great.
(05-03-2016, 11:32 AM)rieuwert Wrote: Just bought Mixbus32C. Loaded a session, but one thing hasn't changed from Mixbus3. 3rd party GUIs still don't work properly. Otherwise program looks great.

I own over 1800 plugs and I've not experienced any GUI issues. Whiich ones don't work for you?
My Studio Specs

I track, edit and manage tracks in Studio One Pro V6/CbB. I try to always mix in Mixbus32C.

β€œIt did what all ads are supposed to do: create an anxiety relievable by purchase.”
― David Foster Wallace, Infinite Jest
(05-03-2016, 12:01 PM)bapu Wrote:
(05-03-2016, 11:32 AM)rieuwert Wrote: Just bought Mixbus32C. Loaded a session, but one thing hasn't changed from Mixbus3. 3rd party GUIs still don't work properly. Otherwise program looks great.

I own over 1800 plugs and I've not experienced any GUI issues. Whiich ones don't work for you?

My plugins work fine too, except for PSP Audioware's psp85.
When opened inside Metaplugin it works fine, other PSP plugins work fine without it.
Anyone knows how long the offer for MB3 users ($149) lasts?

Thanks!
(04-30-2016, 07:04 AM)x42 Wrote:
(04-30-2016, 05:36 AM)BHBstudio Wrote: Yes even if you select 30 channels it will put the plugin of your choice with one double click. I haven't tried it on Mixbus 3 but works on Mixbus32C.

It works in both Mixbus and 32C.

You can also right click on the Plugin in the side-bar, there are options where in the chain to insert it: top, pre-fader (default), post-fader, bottom (though postfader is currently broken, fix is coming)

Well that answers that question nice to know.

My lay man question is, can you have more than 12 channels with this 32 C
You mean more than 12 dedicated busses? if it is, the answer is no. Maybe in future release.
yes can you have as much as you want