Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EQ/Mix wave forms
I wonder if anyone might have some good references regarding the form(s) of the frequency waves governed by the various EQ/Mix plug-ins? I can experiment quite a bit with different sounds and combinations of waveforms between the EQ and Mix plugins, but other than a general correlation between frequencies, perceived vocal/instrument tones and such, I was hoping to find some clear discussion of various wave forms and EQ/Mix implementations.

Thanks so much!
Not sure I understand your question. What do you mean various eq/mix plugins?
Oh, I just meant the compressor and equalizers (XT-EQ, XT-MC, XT-ME). The graphical interface shows the curve of frequencies being compressed or altered and I wanted to get a bit more up to speed on the auditory consequences of changing those frequencies. I found the You Tube Harrison videos and they've done a good job of explaining things so far; I just wanted to have a better grasp of what I was doing than relying solely on listening to my own mix.
Now I see what you mean. As to EQs my wish in order not to need 3rd party analysers for that I would like the plugs to show also the spectrum of the material in the channel being tweaked by the plugin.