Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
True leveling - automatic EQing - multiband...
I tried the leveler in MB and it does not give me consistent level when used on full mixes, or at least not over a big amount of level range,
and then I need automating spectrum leveling, tried with the multiband, and I think it isn't meant for what I need.
My needs are maybe more related to 'radio mastering'...
anyone has more insight into this ?
Thanks a lot gor hints

Klaus
Macmini core2duo / i7
OS 10.10-10.13
http://www.redmountain.ch/X32CoreFOHandBandclient.jpg
Leveler has a 2:1 ratio so you cannot hope for a total consistency. I use it on all channels producing the "Instant Awesome" that explained by great mixer Kevin Ward (Mixcoach) with SSL shannel. In MB I do not need SSL, the leveler does this job with no plus DSP since the dynamic section is included by defaultSmile
I do not touch any of the master knobs and faders. I master on the go and use the plugs I want on the master track.
Maybe your work and signal flow need some simplifying if using MB, I do not know. This automating a lot things is not my waySmile In the past 5 years I used automating maybe twice for simple things like panning. I prefer region cut/boost great feature (clipgain in PT) for consistency and compressors or limiters not producing a lot gain reduction, A good limiter begins to make the audio more consistent even when gain reduction is not shown.

best
Tassy
I'm not thinking of automatic mastering in the studio ( offline ),
but in a live situation , i.e. DJ, playing music etc....
But thanks anyway Wink

Klaus

(04-18-2016, 10:19 AM)Tassy Wrote: Leveler has a 2:1 ratio so you cannot hope for a total consistency. I use it on all channels producing the "Instant Awesome" that explained by great mixer Kevin Ward (Mixcoach) with SSL shannel. In MB I do not need SSL, the leveler does this job with no plus DSP since the dynamic section is included by defaultSmile
I do not touch any of the master knobs and faders. I master on the go and use the plugs I want on the master track.
Maybe your work and signal flow need some simplifying if using MB, I do not know. This automating a lot things is not my waySmile In the past 5 years I used automating maybe twice for simple things like panning. I prefer region cut/boost great feature (clipgain in PT) for consistency and compressors or limiters not producing a lot gain reduction, A good limiter begins to make the audio more consistent even when gain reduction is not shown.

best
Tassy
Macmini core2duo / i7
OS 10.10-10.13
http://www.redmountain.ch/X32CoreFOHandBandclient.jpg