Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
automatically import files to session folder setting available?
Whenever i just drag and drop files into the timeline the original wav files dont get copied to the session folder and when i re-open the session Mixbus doesnt find them anymore and i have to adress the files one by one which is pretty annoying..

Is there some setting that all used files will always be moved to the session folder? this would be great as default imo...

thank you!
(04-15-2016, 09:36 AM)calimerox Wrote: Whenever i just drag and drop files into the timeline the original wav files dont get copied to the session folder and when i re-open the session Mixbus doesnt find them anymore and i have to adress the files one by one which is pretty annoying..

Is there some setting that all used files will always be moved to the session folder? this would be great as default imo...

thank you!

If you use Import you have the option to copy to session folder.

Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
ah so good to know, thanks!

but my problem persists: when i drag and drop file they dont get recognized after i restart, and i have to manually adress folders etc. even when i just open and close the session. it s weird, and doesnt always happen, ...

(04-15-2016, 06:09 PM)Dingo Wrote:
(04-15-2016, 09:36 AM)calimerox Wrote: Whenever i just drag and drop files into the timeline the original wav files dont get copied to the session folder and when i re-open the session Mixbus doesnt find them anymore and i have to adress the files one by one which is pretty annoying..

thank you!

If you use Import you have the option to copy to session folder.
Edit -> Preferences -> Misc -> Session Management -> Always copy imported files

...should do the trick.
Disclaimer: Any resemblance of my nick with a given engineer is purely coincidental!
Desktop: AMD Phenom II x6, 4 GB RAM, Radeon graphics, RME HDSP 9652
Laptop: Thinkpad E560, i3 6100U, 8 GB RAM, Intel graphics, Tascam US-2x2
X32 Rack - Debian GNU/Linux - 32c