Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Track vs Track In A Bus
Forgive my naivete. Other then when you have a group of premixed tracks such as drums or horns or background vocals etc. When and Why would you want to send, say a single vocal track to one of the mix-bus's?
(04-07-2016, 03:26 PM)nik5 Wrote: Forgive my naivete. Other then when you have a group of premixed tracks such as drums or horns or background vocals etc. When and Why would you want to send, say a single vocal track to one of the mix-bus's?

I use the eight busses as sub mixes of: Drums,Bass,Vox,Backing Vox,Guitars,Brass,Keys, reverb and / or whatever combo the song demands.
This allows me to shape a pre-mix on the channel faders until I get it to a good state, then I fine tweek using the Bus Masters.
That way I am dealing with eight faders at one time for my Final mix. For final balancing it works really well.
Also because I work in Post Production, I always need to record out iso stems, and the 8 Mixbuses are perfect for what I need.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5