Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
using the u-he zebra2 in Mixbus3
Using the zebra plugin from u-he in mixbus3 on my debian stable distro works just fine, meanwhile in manjaro (which i use much more and using the gcc5 version there..) I cant use the pop up text menus etc... it s a strange thing,... when i open the plugin in bitwig in the same distro, it works normally , so i guess it is mixbus3 related... any ideas? thanks!!
You might need a GCC5 version of Zebra. I use Satin and Presswerk on a gcc5 build of Mixbus though and haven't noticed any issues (other than needing to mouse over to get the Presswerk gui to draw on initialisation). But with gcc5 the official line is that subprocesses (and I assume a plugin is a sub process to Mixbus) should be compiled with the same ABI version as the application.
@ Domino, thanks for your hint! I ll check that again, Although i tried one thing already: i installed the non gcc5 version of mixbus and the problem remained the same.. so now i guess it is a mixture of the deskop (xfce4) and mixbus / ardour that causes the gui not to open. I also tried running zebra2 in bitwig with the same OS and it also just works fine...
Just tested Zebra2 on Kubuntu 15.10 in Mixbus 3.2.22 and it works fine for me. Odds are the problem may lie with manjaro.
@ Domino thanks for checking! what desktop manager is used in kubuntu? is it kde desktop?
No problem. Yes it's KDE.