Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Release of NEW Mixbus Drum Character Plugin
A unique and innovative new plugin for Harrison Mixbus… the XT-DC Drum Character plugin equalizes the two different parts of a drum "hit" separately utilizing 2 separate equalizers, the 1st dynamically tracks the initial attack while the 2nd dynamically tracks the tail. (Requires MB V 3.2)

Ben Loftis, Mixbus product manager, added “Compared to traditional "drum replacement" techniques, the XT-DC preserves the drummer's natural voicing and timing. The XT-DC features Harrison’s world-class, workhorse DSP derived from out flagship digital consoles. No other plugin provides the ability to enhance and shape the sound of each individual drum in your kit like the XT-DC!”

I finally went for the entire character bundle, and I am so glad I did! And I am glad the Drum Character plugin is stereo - it is FANTASTIC for fixing up an older mix having a weak bottom where there are no longer individual stems available (or it was recorded live as a stereo recording).

I also tried the Vocal Character plugin on flute recordings, and it works miracles on those! Total control. Love it!

Thanks for these fantastic tools!

Terry
Wow, I never considered using the Vocal Character on flutes. Cool!
Is there a way to get a trial license before I spend money?
Hi, I also would like that option but I've bought it already and I think it is really a great tool. Really amazing. The speed I could dial a much better sounding kick and a snare (also with the mixer EQ) is some kind of strange to me.
Mixbus really has "a sound" and it starts to make me uncorfortable for not changing imediatly to Mixbus :-)
Have to improve my workflow...
Thanks for all the great comments. We are really proud of the new Drum Character plugin.
Bob
What is the name of the Preset that begins the XT-DC Drum Character? It has a curve with a little gain in the Tail section from the bottom of Tail up 300+ Hz. Sounds really good, but it seems there is no way to get back to it - except deleting the whole Plugin and loading another instance. It is worth it. Try it without doing anything except loading the Plugin with an early Beatles LP recording (a good pressing). Almost cheating :-)