Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Track numbering?
Been wondering why Mixbus doesn't number its tracks? I know, I can number them myself when I name them, but then what happens if I delete or add a track, or move them around? All the numbers have to be redone. On a big project (or even a small one) - Yikes! Seems Mixbus can pretty easily number the tracks and also keep them updated no matter how they are moved around.

MB might want to put this on the list. Seems a good thing to do, especially if one is using a Control Surface of any kind. Makes it easy to match the CS fader to the track you want to work on, and a pain when the tracks aren't numbered.

BTW, if there is an option to number tracks and I just haven't found it yet, I'd love to hear about it. Thanks.
It does, just not by default. Go to session > properties, click on the 'Filenames' tab and tick 'Prefix Track number'.
Note: those are implicit numbers. Re-ordering tracks will not take the number along.
The use-case here is live-recording where one may want the number of the current order in the file-name of the raw recorded audio.
Thanks for the responses, and especially for the information.

Yes. This helps, but it would be nice if the track numbers also showed up in the mixer - which is where visually you really need them so you can just look at the screen and see which fader on your control surface you need to pull or push. When working with 30-40 tracks and bank switching on the control surface, a rapid means of connecting the screen to the controls is helpful.

'course you can use a tape scribble strip, but if you're moving from session to session you're constantly changing what's where - it would be nice to have the visual clue on the monitor - and specifically on the mixer... no? BTW, I LIKE that the numbers shift if you move tracks around. That's exactly what I'm looking for, just also on the mixer would be most helpful.