Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Linux interfaces
Just curious from those who use Linux, what audio interface are you using? I'm about to do some googling on the subject but thought I'd ask here too.

Thanks
Using RME Multiface II

This is the best place to go for info on Linux audio hardware: http://alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Matrix:Main
-- Brett McCoy
Windows 10, i7 core, 64G Ram, RME Hammerfall Multiface II, Faderport16, Mixbus32C 8.2
In my studio i have two RME HDSP 9652 with three Focusrite Saffire PRO26 (the old ones) hooked up by ADAT, which gives me 24 Tracks at 96 khz with 2.3ms Latency.
For mobile use i just bought a Behringer FCA610, USB plug and play. (I was tired to rip off one Saffire of my rack, put it in another rack.....)
Mixbus / Linux 64bit
Cool. I've asked metric halo about Linux drivers. No response as of yet, and not holding my breathe. However it looks like ffado supports the echo audiofire cards. So I may give that a go. I also found KX studio a while back. Anyone using that with mixbus? May try and pick up the two channel model just for mixing and seeing how it goes.
Hi,
does anyone know if there's a mod for ffado mixer for the Presonus Firestudio 2626 and Firestudio Project? Both work perfectly under Linux, but to make use of the built-in mixers and routing you need the Windows-Software. The ffado mixer looks rather weird...
(01-20-2014, 12:31 PM)Matt Wrote: Just curious from those who use Linux, what audio interface are you using? I'm about to do some googling on the subject but thought I'd ask here too.

Thanks

Hi, I using PHONIC HelixBoard 24 Universal - via FireWire and FFADO Drivers. There is many sound cards supported by linux(for exapmple ESI juli@, M-Audio, RME). Just look at alsa project if you using PCI/extrenal USB device or if you have Firewire interface look at ffado project. On both pages is list of supported devicesSmile

(01-21-2014, 08:17 PM)madmaxmiller Wrote: Hi,
does anyone know if there's a mod for ffado mixer for the Presonus Firestudio 2626 and Firestudio Project? Both work perfectly under Linux, but to make use of the built-in mixers and routing you need the Windows-Software. The ffado mixer looks rather weird...

Hi, I dont have any experience with this device. Have you look at to the Jack routing? Maybe it's possible to do internal routing via JACK or Patche.
hi Matt,

take a look here, the AVLinux guys have collected a summary of hardware which runs in AVL.

Personally, I have a M-Audio Delta Audiophile 2496 running without no issues.

edited 01/27/14:
oops, did I forget to insert the link ? sorry for that, here it is:

AVLinux list of supported hardware

Edit: and now I'm running a Delta 1010LT with 8 channels input... it's perfect !
Thanks for all the suggestions. I think I found a winner. I've always wanted to pick up a sound designs USBpre 2. Looks like you can force it into USB 1.1 mode with no need for drivers under Linux. It will probably be a while before I actually seriously go this route. But at least I have all the "parts" picked out. Thanks again.
An open-source developer recently reverse-engineered the Digidesign M-Box 1 & 2 products. This will become a built-in feature of the Linux kernel.

The original MBoxes are great little devices, developed in part by Focusrite. Avid doesn't support them anymore (doesn't provide ASIO/CoreAudio drivers) so they are sometimes available cheap.

Linux will be the only platform supporting these devices, long after Digi/Avid themselves stopped. And people say Linux device support is bad Smile
Hello, I'm using a Presonus Firestudio Tube (Firewire) on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS with the KXStudio overlay. The laptop I'm using is a Toshiba Satellite A205-SLi5. So far it is rock solid!