Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Someday I Will Love Again ..a tune I'm working on
(01-31-2016, 11:41 PM)retro Wrote:
(01-21-2016, 07:04 PM)kennywtelejazz Wrote: Hello forum ,

Here is a new tune I'm working on .

Listened again. (Because I like the tune and the arrangement.) I had a similar impression of the guitar being a bit too dark, but more than that this time, I got an impression of the guitar being watery and echoey. I know that sounds lame as descriptions go, but it's the best I can do right now. It's either the space it's recorded in, or the reverb (convolution?) that you've put on it that's creating that impression. If I put all those impressions together, I'm wondering if you could dress it up just by cutting some low mid boxiness? Maybe just some EQ tweaking could make it sound better?

Hello retro ,

You may not know this but I actually agree with what you are saying .
I'm not happy with the way my acoustic guitar sounds at all...

The short history on the song is I recorded the guitar in a very lively room in my old apt ...
At the time I used an AKG condenser mic into an HD recorder that had real crappy preamps ...

The acoustic guitar part that is up now indeed has a lot of flaws ...
My gut feeling is I will have to re track the acoustic guitar ..
There simply isn't enough sprinkles in the world to make that acoustic "turd"guitar sound sound appealing ...LOL

In the mean time the current acoustic part is "OK enough" to use as a way to flesh out and build up some of the the songs other parts ....
I re tracked the Bass with an upright sound and the tune is coming along ..

The only reason why I'm telling you all this is I do appreciate your honesty and I happen to agree with you ...

(02-01-2016, 02:51 AM)BHBstudio Wrote: I really enjoyed the song very much but, however I was expecting after 30 second of listening I was expecting drum and violin layer to come up and fill the space. yes I it is work in progress. Other than that I really, really enjoyed listening. It just easily can make make me remember just an old movies. Keep up the good work.

Hi BHBstudio ,

I'm happy you enjoyed my tune as she is so far as a work in progress .
Early on I thought about adding drums in places . ( it's still a thought )
Someone at another music forum mentioned to me that my tune reminded them a little of Elegy by Jethro Tull . I went an listened to a few versions of Elegy and said to myself yes, I could have took it there ...
(personally I think Elegy is a masterpiece compared to my work in progress)

I'm gonna hang in there. I do hope that I will be able to come here in a couple of days and post a much better version of my song ..
thank you for listening and throwing me a kind word ,

Kenny