Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Region list/management
Hi All

Don't have the manual and cannot download as the link seems to be broken.

Question: Is there a region management window, i.e., for those of you familiar with Pro Tools, is there a list of every region and file?

One of the few remaining reasons I ever use Pro Tools is for sound design or abstract composition, where the ability to name individual regions created from larger files enables me to create a library of sound events - without having to render each region to a discreet audio file. If you use PT you'll know what I mean. I'm looking for a way to do that on my laptop without taking the pesky iLok, and it'd be great if Mixbus allowed such a system. Used version 2.5 for a while but have drifted away, version 3 wasn't stable for me, but now, with El Cap on this 2008 Macbook Pro Mixbus 3 seems to be pretty good. So I'm hoping I can use it for sound design work on the go.

Just to give a very simple example of what I mean: suppose I recorded myself speaking this sentence, split every word into a region, named the region by the word, then wanted to rearrange the sentence - with a region list I could drag the words to a new track in any order.

Advice please. Manual please!

Hi Ben, been a while!

Simon

OK - found it, but I'd still like the manual please...
Simon
If the editor list isn't visible, go to View > Show Editor List. There is a region tab in the editor list where you can manage your regions.