Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Spotify playlist of famous albums recorded on Harrison consoles!
Did we miss your favorite? Check out the incredible Harrison sound and analog console workflow in our Mixbus DAW.
For over 40 years, Harrison has been building innovative analog, digitally controlled analog, and digital audio consoles.
https://play.spotify.com/user/matufts/pl...6scXvSeRL7
"Graceland" and "The Logical Song" are both re-mixes, right? Were they included because the re-mixes were done on a Harrison, or were the original mixes done on a Harrison (or both)?

best, john
Do not forget that a lot of the ECM recordings are done on a Harrison console.
jabney

Correct me if I'm wrong but as far as I know those albums may have re-mastered but not re-mixed. We want the list to be accurate so if you have further info that you can cite that would be great!

josten

If I can find specific info (such as album or song) that clearly states it was recorded on Harrison I would love to add some more to the list! I' ll see if I can find something on the internet. Thanks.

Regards
Sorry, I didn't know. So then you had the originals and yet you chose the re-mastered? Why? Have you listened to the original "Graceland" recently? Can you post the originals as well?

best, john

(11-05-2015, 12:50 PM)Mike@Harrison Wrote: jabney

Correct me if I'm wrong but as far as I know those albums may have re-mastered but not re-mixed. We want the list to be accurate so if you have further info that you can cite that would be great!

josten

If I can find specific info (such as album or song) that clearly states it was recorded on Harrison I would love to add some more to the list! I' ll see if I can find something on the internet. Thanks.

Regards
(11-05-2015, 12:50 PM)Mike@Harrison Wrote: If I can find specific info (such as album or song) that clearly states it was recorded on Harrison I would love to add some more to the list! I' ll see if I can find something on the internet. Thanks.

The ECM part is not necessarily the thing I'm thinking about, it's more the audiophile part of it and as such, it's a lot of great sounding recordings coming from Rainbow Studios even today.

Maybe you should contact Jan Erik Kongshaug directly about it. He has been a recording and mixing engineer for Chick Corea, Keith Jarrett, Path Metheny and countless other artists. He has always been very enthusiastic about his Harrison Series Twelve console and his CV is amazing.