Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anybody having problem with Waves central?? SOLVED on latest interim
I'm on El Capitan and I tried to open it from Application and I get "Waves Central" is damaged and can't be opened. move to trash
Same here but on OS X 10.10.5
MacBook Pro 2.6GHz, Thunderbolt Display, OSX10.10.5, MixBus 3.1, UAD 8.5, Apollo Twin, UAD Satellite Thunderbolt Quad
I reinstalled it using the older version but adding a trial version of a plugin will over write the one that I had and replace them with VST3 It doesn't install AU version of the plugins that is the problem. Studio one also doesn't see AU. Thanks for the replay Billy
So this looks like waves new installer, I was trying to figure out what you were talking about but I got it in my email today.

Hope its not necessary to use and hope I can get away with using version 9 installer, will need to have a closer look at this

One thing I noticed is when the installer is used it uninstalls all previous waves products, all waves products will need to be installed again.

I think this is what version 9 did anywayz, but I think for people who choose to use it may bring some head aches.

It does not seem to be essential to use, they recommend only when you have a new product or so it seems or demo but it does not appear to be vital.
Just re downloaded waves central. This time it worked. They must have updated the installer or something.
MacBook Pro 2.6GHz, Thunderbolt Display, OSX10.10.5, MixBus 3.1, UAD 8.5, Apollo Twin, UAD Satellite Thunderbolt Quad
I talked to waves support and they just gave me simple answer "We don't support Harrison Mixbus". Good for them. they just simply lost up to 300 dollar purchase that I do on Black Friday. The answer is right based on the link they provided nevertheless; the problem is the new installer they preferred to close the topic. The new installer is a half backed thing. I don't understand why it is removing previously installed plugins if I'm just installing a single demo version. Actually my eyes are laying on UAD these days so it doesn't surprise me that much.
Waves does not support a few Daws reaper included I remember mailing them when I had trouble with mixbus 2.5 they said the same thing we don't support but they did help by hinting clear cach , hmmmmmm now how did they know about that.

I kind of know they don't support mixbus but they still work perfectly in side of mixbus 1 and mixbus 3 .

The guys over at reaper still buy and install waves products with no problems knowing that waves does not support reaper.

Never the less if you have your eyes on U A you want be dissapointet , make sure research has been done , some of U A stuff does not need card but most do, but very very good plugins.
hi,
Please read the attached screenshot to see that Waves has always un-installed mix versions of plugs.
My problem is that I can't open any of my waves since using the new Waves Cetral instead of the old WLC Waves Lisence center. The latest installer to bring all your plugins up to their latest versions is now Waves Central and even though all my Waves load when I use Digital Performer they do not load into MB3.
Any one else in this same state?
I don't think my screenshot loaded but it would show that if I have ver 9.3 waves plugins, installing ver 9.6 automatically uninstalls older versions of waves 9.
This has always been true.

So if you want to use the latest versions of Waves 9.6 or 9.7 you can no longer use the WLC. I hate this.

Any info would be helpfull. I emailed Ben at Harison support, we all have to email Mixbuss suport so that they know this is a big problem,
Thanks
TC
The best way is Harrison to support VST3 on mac
I can understand why some people hate waves plugins, I think that's pretty bad if you can't go back to the old installers,

Have you also tried clear cash, and blacklist, why did you use new installer any way.

Hope Harrison gets on the case until then best to stay away from new installer