Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Need Help not getting enough from mb3 tech
I still don't get the Harrison True Analog Mixing™ technology. Why there isn't simple "freeze" or "bounce" feature, while there is still complicated "bounce and re-import" possibility? Instead of simply printing the effects into wav and continue flawlessly in mixing, we have to bounce the track, create new track, import the file and continue with the new track as it was frozen... Where is the difference between frozen track and bounced and re-imported? Wouldn't be great (if there is something that has to run live) to have at least something, that's called "Freeze" and does the described functions in one click?
(10-19-2015, 05:05 AM)stepaan Wrote: I still don't get the Harrison True Analog Mixing™ technology. Why there isn't simple "freeze" or "bounce" feature, while there is still complicated "bounce and re-import" possibility? Instead of simply printing the effects into wav and continue flawlessly in mixing, we have to bounce the track, create new track, import the file and continue with the new track as it was frozen... Where is the difference between frozen track and bounced and re-imported? Wouldn't be great (if there is something that has to run live) to have at least something, that's called "Freeze" and does the described functions in one click?

Probably because the interaction between channels is different when everything is "live". The Mixbus sound comes because the summing engine does not just sum...
Plus in the analog world you would do exactly that: record a track through its fx onto another track and use that...
However, it would be cool if someone of the devs sheds a little light on this.

What I'm really missing is a real track duplicating...

MMM
(10-19-2015, 05:40 AM)madmaxmiller Wrote: ...Plus in the analog world you would do exactly that: record a track through its fx onto another track and use that...

Of course. And that's what I'm really doing now. But it would be nice to have some speed up for this process – simple freeze.
I think I can understand, what's the issue. After what I have described, I will get some of the internal processing twice – once during bouncing and then again while using the new wave. But as you mentioned – it would be the same in the analog world. If we'd need surgical DAW, we'd mixed in any other one, not in MB. So am I right if I say it's OK to have these multiple takes of internal processing?

Because without freezing, I'm unable to finish any of my songs. I simply hit the CPU limit and I'm done.
(10-19-2015, 07:14 AM)stepaan Wrote: Because without freezing, I'm unable to finish any of my songs. I simply hit the CPU limit and I'm done.

Probably the only way atm... boil it down to stems and do the final mix in a separate session with these stems. That can have some advantages, too... like using "outboard" equipment (fx which is not available as plugin but can be routed through while standalone) without recreating the whole scene on another mix-day... plus you can use the 8 mixbuses to create the stems and in the "end-mix-session" you have 8 fresh mixbuses (and I'm going to bed now...)
Cheers,
MMM
In response to the original post, here's a short video that shows how to "bounce" your mix to a stereo track: