Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Track Delay
Hi,

In MB3 is there any facility to put a delay on a duplicated track..?

Say I had a mono acoustic track and I wanted to duplicate this track and pan L&R and put a delay on one track.

Is this possible within MB3

Alan
Windows 10 Pro, 64bit, 16Gb memory, Intel i5 quad 4 (3,450Mhz), Audient ID22,
Reaper, 32C Ver5.1 (Rev 5'1), 32C Version 6
(09-14-2015, 04:32 PM)amsmarle Wrote: Hi,

In MB3 is there any facility to put a delay on a duplicated track..?

Say I had a mono acoustic track and I wanted to duplicate this track and pan L&R and put a delay on one track.

Is this possible within MB3

Alan

Several simple ways to do this. One is to just add an empty track, select whatever you want from the original track, copy and paste to the new. Or, create the new track and import the source material you want to delay. In either scenario, just drag one of the tracks to offset it in the timeline until you achieve the delay effect you want. If I'm looking for a simple delay or doubling effect, I prefer this to mucking around with a plugin(s). Duplicate and time-shift multiple times to achieve even more effect if that's what you're looking for. I find acoustically that doing it this way as opposed to delay plugins is more acoustically pleasing given Mixbus' "magic".

D
MB, MB32C, V10, Win 7/10, MacOS Catalina and Ventura, MBP & Ryzen platforms, nVidia and Radeon GPU’s, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Mackie Onyx 1640, X-Touch, 43” UHD, x2 27” 4K

Thanks Deefedor,

I tried this last year (Feb) using MB 2 and found I was unable to get a decent sound.

At that time I was using Studio One 2 and they have a track delay button built in and it worked very well

Anyway Ben posted and explained that they were considering to build in a track delay button in the MB3 release... I don't think this has happened as yet..?

Regards

Alan
Well, I hope they add a track delay, but equally important for me is a negative delay (-50 ms).
My favorite VSTi's are Ample Sound's Guitars and Basses which require a delay of -50 ms on the midi track.
Currently, I have all tracks start on bar 3 or later. I read the clock and set a marker 50 ms back and move those tracks back to the marker.
Boyd
------------------------------------------
Windows 10 64; - Core i5 16GB; - RME Babyface; - MixBus 32C & XT plugins; Sonarworks Reference 4; Ozone 8; Neutron 2; Steven Slate Drums 5;
Superior Drummer 3; Ample Sound Bass & Guitar VSTi's; Behringer X-Touch

Hi Boydbob,

Thanks for your reply. I'm sure HMB will get around to sorting out a Track Delay.

I have had some very helpful emails from Ben today. What a super team they are, absolutely superb service from HMB

Thank You

Alan