Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Get Waves Rbass for FREE
Lightbulb 
Black Friday sales.Waves are giving away Rbass for free:

http://www.waves.com/lpn/black-friday/free-plugin
Ha ha. Yeah, it was a process. I installed it, though on Windows 7.

I'd say that although Wave products seem to get relatively good reviews, this one plugin isn't terribly impressive. It boosts bass, for sure, but the changes are overstated and not very natural. The XT-BC plugin is far better in my opinion.
At the end free is free

Inviato dal mio GT-I9100 utilizzando Tapatalk
I downloaded Rbass too - what an ordeal.

When I transferred the installer to my off-line PC, Rbass installed correctly, but it automatically used the demo serial number I had on my USB stick, not the full license serial number I received in an email.

If anyone here is familiar with Waves plug-ins, I'd be interested to know: when the 'demo' version of Rbass expires next weekend, will I have the option of entering my full license serial number?

I might email Waves too, but I suspect they don't offer support for free plug-ins.
(11-30-2013, 04:17 AM)jayrmac Wrote: When I transferred the installer to my off-line PC, Rbass installed correctly, but it automatically used the demo serial number I had on my USB stick, not the full license serial number I received in an email.

IIRC
You have to have Waves License Center on an on-line PC - plug your USB stick into it - connect to the Waves (ilok) site and transfer the new License to your USB stick - move the USB stick back to the off-line PC.
Boyd
------------------------------------------
Windows 10 64; - Core i5 16GB; - RME Babyface; - MixBus 32C & XT plugins; Sonarworks Reference 4; Ozone 8; Neutron 2; Steven Slate Drums 5;
Superior Drummer 3; Ample Sound Bass & Guitar VSTi's; Behringer X-Touch

(12-01-2013, 03:12 AM)Boydbob Wrote: IIRC
You have to have Waves License Center on an on-line PC - plug your USB stick into it - connect to the Waves (ilok) site and transfer the new License to your USB stick - move the USB stick back to the off-line PC.

Many thanks Boydbob. I contacted Waves support and they told me pretty much the same thing, though I didn't realise I also had to register the plug-in first. Anyway, I have it working on my off-line PC now, as well as the L1 Ultramaximizer, which I picked up for $39 - quite a bargain. Thanks again.
I gave up - Who needs waves anyway. There are so many great plugins out there that are not so cumbersome to install and authorize. I am a big IK Multimedia fan (White 2A - with it's mid/side processing is simply a must go to on my master buss). I like the Plug & Mix stuff from Don't Crack. Wave Arts Trackplug is outstanding. Izotope has some very nice plugins, On and on...

My thoughts,

mvh
Black 76 also is great IK plug, it is a pity IK causes freezing in Mixbus (Win OS) Plug and Mix plugs friendly with Mixbus. Clastronix in kick great. Some features of Waves SSL can be recreated by Mixbus leveling dymamics mode. I will detail it in the pre/postfader topic soon.