Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rewire support for MB3?
Are there any plans for Rewire support in MB3?

I do a lot of midi using Cognitone Synfire Pro (which is midi only, but has Rewire).
Currently, I can play the Synfire midi using 'drone' plugins in MB3, but I cannot sync with Mixbus.
I can do this in Reaper or Studio One, but I much prefer Mixbus.

Once I add audio files to Mixbus, I have to import the Synfire midi if I want to hear both.
The downside is that I have to keep repeating the process until the Song is finished.

Having an easy way to sync the two programs would really speed things up.
So far, Jack seems to be a non-starter in Windows.
Boyd
------------------------------------------
Windows 10 64; - Core i5 16GB; - RME Babyface; - MixBus 32C & XT plugins; Sonarworks Reference 4; Ozone 8; Neutron 2; Steven Slate Drums 5;
Superior Drummer 3; Ample Sound Bass & Guitar VSTi's; Behringer X-Touch

As soon as Propellerhead are providing versions for Linux the Ardour developers might be keen to connect there :-P
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
(08-12-2015, 11:43 AM)Boydbob Wrote: Once I add audio files to Mixbus, I have to import the Synfire midi if I want to hear both.
The downside is that I have to keep repeating the process until the Song is finished.

After playing with the 2 programs for a while, it turns out that:
1. Midi import is direct Drag 'n Drop - very quick.
2. If I hit 'play' in either program, only that one plays - in either case, I'm only hearing the midi audio through Mix3us.
3. Adding or recording audio is now 'no problem.'
4. This also means I can try out various arrangements and A/B them on the fly.

So, even though Rewire will be nice if we get it, it has dropped way down on my priority list.
Boyd
------------------------------------------
Windows 10 64; - Core i5 16GB; - RME Babyface; - MixBus 32C & XT plugins; Sonarworks Reference 4; Ozone 8; Neutron 2; Steven Slate Drums 5;
Superior Drummer 3; Ample Sound Bass & Guitar VSTi's; Behringer X-Touch