Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixbus never opens
Question 
Hey, all. Just got MB3, but no joy. Starting the program creates a Process in Task Manager and an ASIO icon, but nothing comes up on screen.

I'm running Win7/64 SP1, on an i5-3570 machine w/16 GB RAM. I am NOT running Jack. (I installed it, and tried to configure it, but the guide to using qjackctl.exe has no apparent relation to the software's interface. Been using computers since the days of teletypes, but I'm lost.)

Aaaaand it seems to have screwed up something, most likely in ASIO4ALL, because now Reaper won't work properly on playback -- about four seconds in, the tracks start to repeat over themselves, like "Three Blind Mice".

I'm planning a clean install of Win10, but not for a few weeks yet, and I need to have the darn system running. Can someone give me some troubleshooting advice, before I just uninstall this thing and ask for a refund? Thanks.

Tom Smith
Win7/64 - 16 GB RAM
I5-3570 - Audiophile 192
tomsmithonline.com
Please ask for a refund. Seriously.
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
Quote:Posted by filkertom - Today 04:05 AM
Hey, all. Just got MB3, but no joy. Starting the program creates a Process in Task Manager and an ASIO icon, but nothing comes up on screen.

I'm running Win7/64 SP1, on an i5-3570 machine w/16 GB RAM. I am NOT running Jack. (I installed it, and tried to configure it, but the guide to using qjackctl.exe has no apparent relation to the software's interface. Been using computers since the days of teletypes, but I'm lost.)

Aaaaand it seems to have screwed up something, most likely in ASIO4ALL, because now Reaper won't work properly on playback -- about four seconds in, the tracks start to repeat over themselves, like "Three Blind Mice".

I'm planning a clean install of Win10, but not for a few weeks yet, and I need to have the darn system running. Can someone give me some troubleshooting advice, before I just uninstall this thing and ask for a refund? Thanks .

I made a try with JACK (Windows 8.1) and after I had some troubles opening MB3 and my DAW. I uninstalled JACK and Mixbus3. I made a new install of Mixbus3 and after all work fine.
As far as I remember guys upgrading from win 7 to 8 had more issues then before, so I think W10 will not solve any of your issues but may add some moreSmile
Murfle. Uninstalled both MB3 and Jack, reinstalled MB3, moved license file so I at least got the "is this licensed or not" dialog, told it "unlicensed"... and it did nothing again. It's got a mixbus.exe process running, using about 15% CPU, but that's about it.

Oh, and, Reaper seems to be working fine. Something's wrong with the one file. But I still don't know where that came from....
(08-03-2015, 11:28 PM)madmaxmiller Wrote: Please ask for a refund. Seriously.
Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
@filkertom,

Our user forum is provided for users to share info with each other.

If you want support directly from Harrison, please write our support email at: mixbus@harrisonconsoles.com

We can provide system-specific suggestions and possibly "beta" packages that will solve your issue.

Best Regards,
-Ben
(08-04-2015, 11:37 AM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: @filkertom,

Our user forum is provided for users to share info with each other.

If you want support directly from Harrison, please write our support email at: mixbus@harrisonconsoles.com

We can provide system-specific suggestions and possibly "beta" packages that will solve your issue.

Best Regards,
-Ben

Hey, Ben! I sent you guys an email. Thanks!
ok Filkertom, Why don't you contact support team using Mixbus@harrisonconsoles.com ? They will answer your question in light speed. They are not like other companies who let you wait for days and days to come. Here in this forum, it is very slow to get support team to talk to. However, while you are using mixbus and want tips and tricks, the forum is the best place.
This sounds like MixBus times out detecting the soundcard(s).

Does it eventually show up when you leave it running while you're out for lunch?

During early testing I've seen MB take 4-5 mins to start on a system with ancient jack version, ASIO4All and 4 soundcards (Screen/HDMI, onboard audio + 2 external audio Interfaces).

MixBux queries all soundcards for available rates and buffersizes. One of them is the jackbridge which tries to launch jackd.
JACK tries to auto-launch (old jack has a very long timeout and retries 3 times), it also iterates over all audio-interfaces and then there's a nested loop jack -> ASIO4All -> again all soundcards. Uninstalling (or updating) jack helped.

Still, let me echo that contacting Harrison support by email is a good idea.