Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problerm with input selection
I've created a new project, added a new mono track and tried to set the input to No. 3, using the button on the top of the channel strip, but it did not change. As I did not want to waste the customers time, I decided not to mess with it and simply added two more tracks.
Can any one try to reproduce this ?
BTW, I didn't try the routing matrix.

Thnx
Itsik
Itsik Friedman
Storm Productions
http://www.stormproductions.co.il
(08-02-2015, 11:32 PM)Subzero Wrote: I've created a new project, added a new mono track and tried to set the input to No. 3, using the button on the top of the channel strip, but it did not change. As I did not want to waste the customers time, I decided not to mess with it and simply added two more tracks.
Can any one try to reproduce this ?
BTW, I didn't try the routing matrix.

Thnx
Itsik

I think I recall seeing this when I first played with MixBus and I think this is just a GUI bug. I do believe the input actually changes, but the channel strip doesn't reflect the change.
[/quote]

I do believe the input actually changes, but the channel strip doesn't reflect the change.
[/quote]

Yes I can confirm this, So don't trust your eyes!!Dodgy
W7 home Premiumx64,,,, AVlinux.
I started out with nothing & still have most of it left! (Seasick Steve)Big Grin

Okay...So it's definitely a "bug" with Windows. Jiff is using W7x64 like I am, what about you Itsik?
I wrote somewhere here that V3 offers for me (Win7/64) more selection possibilities (the combinations in the opening dialogue I mean) than physically exist. I can select for example ASIO with system sound card, MB opens, but this soundcard does not have any asio. Then if I open V2.5 it is looking for Jack. PC restart solves the case.
Seems V3 does not tell me it did not find this asio but tries to "substitute" the audio engine with some it thinks working but it naturally does not.
(08-04-2015, 05:45 AM)James Greenlee Wrote: Okay...So it's definitely a "bug" with Windows. Jiff is using W7x64 like I am, what about you Itsik?

I'm on Win 8.1 64bit
Itsik Friedman
Storm Productions
http://www.stormproductions.co.il
(08-04-2015, 08:43 AM)Tassy Wrote: I wrote somewhere here that V3 offers for me (Win7/64) more selection possibilities (the combinations in the opening dialogue I mean) than physically exist. I can select for example ASIO with system sound card, MB opens, but this soundcard does not have any asio. Then if I open V2.5 it is looking for Jack. PC restart solves the case.
Seems V3 does not tell me it did not find this asio but tries to "substitute" the audio engine with some it thinks working but it naturally does not.

Hey Tassy,

We're saying that once you've opened MB3, and you have a track in the mixer view, when you click the input at the top of the channel-strip and select an input, the channel-strip doesn't update the input so it looks like you're still on the old input.
(08-04-2015, 01:06 PM)James Greenlee Wrote:
(08-04-2015, 08:43 AM)Tassy Wrote: I wrote somewhere here that V3 offers for me (Win7/64) more selection possibilities (the combinations in the opening dialogue I mean) than physically exist. I can select for example ASIO with system sound card, MB opens, but this soundcard does not have any asio. Then if I open V2.5 it is looking for Jack. PC restart solves the case.

Hey Tassy,

We're saying that once you've opened MB3, and you have a track in the mixer view, when you click the input at the top of the channel-strip and select an input, the channel-strip doesn't update the input so it looks like you're still on the old input.

Yes I know, I wrote it because the I/O at start and I/O on the channels sure are in connection, I think, and if the start is not unambiguous it may lead to issues in the channel