Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Little (lot) of help?
So I guess consider me one of the unlucky ones, but I want to see if this is a software issue, or me issue. Or both.

Looking around I can see that there are some folks having major/minor issues with V3. I have used V2, fiddled around a bit with it, but stopped using it because I found it not a good workflow fit for me. Did like the concept and sound, so I bit on V3 seeing some of the new improvements. Plus adding a stationary desktop with 2 monitors would take care of some of my workflow issues (bouncing between mixer and arrange, etc).

But this V3, what the? I can see threads asking for interfaces that are working, things like that. But I can't even click in the timeline without the app crashing. Pressing play does nothing, which I guess may be related to non working interfaces? About the only thing I can do is star a session, import my wav files (44.1/16/32bit float), and look at the mixer.

I'm not too deeply invested financially to stomp around and demand refunds. I would really like this to work, maybe not as a main DAW, but as a go to flavor on certain projects. My primary thoughts are mixing only.

My current system is a quad core Xeon, win 8.1 (soon to be 10) 64bit. 8gb ram, 7200 rpm 2tb storage drive, Intel HD Graphics. Interface right now is a Presonus RM16 mixer.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
(07-31-2015, 12:23 PM)matthewgorman Wrote: So I guess consider me one of the unlucky ones, but I want to see if this is a software issue, or me issue. Or both.

Looking around I can see that there are some folks having major/minor issues with V3. I have used V2, fiddled around a bit with it, but stopped using it because I found it not a good workflow fit for me. Did like the concept and sound, so I bit on V3 seeing some of the new improvements. Plus adding a stationary desktop with 2 monitors would take care of some of my workflow issues (bouncing between mixer and arrange, etc).

But this V3, what the? I can see threads asking for interfaces that are working, things like that. But I can't even click in the timeline without the app crashing. Pressing play does nothing, which I guess may be related to non working interfaces? About the only thing I can do is star a session, import my wav files (44.1/16/32bit float), and look at the mixer.

I'm not too deeply invested financially to stomp around and demand refunds. I would really like this to work, maybe not as a main DAW, but as a go to flavor on certain projects. My primary thoughts are mixing only.

My current system is a quad core Xeon, win 8.1 (soon to be 10) 64bit. 8gb ram, 7200 rpm 2tb storage drive, Intel HD Graphics. Interface right now is a Presonus RM16 mixer.

Sounds like the same problems I was having until I installed
"Mixbus 3.0-1268 "Interim Release "
Win 10 64 bit, intel core i7-8700, 16GB RAM, Mackie ONYX blackbird interface
(07-31-2015, 12:40 PM)Breeze007 Wrote:
(07-31-2015, 12:23 PM)matthewgorman Wrote: So I guess consider me one of the unlucky ones, but I want to see if this is a software issue, or me issue. Or both.

Good stuff. Where would I find that? I appreciate the patience, as the paint is not yet dry on my license. I am so ingrained in my main daw that part of my struggles are in finding some very basic things.
(07-31-2015, 12:43 PM)matthewgorman Wrote:
(07-31-2015, 12:40 PM)Breeze007 Wrote:

Good stuff. Where would I find that? I appreciate the patience, as the paint is not yet dry on my license. I am so ingrained in my main daw that part of my struggles are in finding some very basic things.

http://mixbus.harrisonconsoles.com/forum...-1389.html
Thanks Again. Last question: is there better success with an uninstall/reinstall, or doesn't it matter?
(07-31-2015, 01:02 PM)matthewgorman Wrote: Thanks Again. Last question: is there better success with an uninstall/reinstall, or doesn't it matter?
I uninstalled Mixbus 3 before I installed Mixbus 3.0-1268 "Interim Release"
Looks like I already had 1268 installed.