Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MB3 and Zoom R16 & Windows Media Player
MB3 and Zoom R16

Hi everyone, Thought I'd try in here. I'm a bit further on now I have managed to make the Zoom R16 driver stay connected now. But I need to shut down MB3 if I need the audio to play windows Media Payer. WMP plays Ok when I load up Reaper, not so with MB3 (have to shut down MB3)

Any ideas

Win 10, 64bit, quad core, i5-3,4GHz, 8GB ram

I have started recording in Zoom R16 and exporting the wave files to my Wndows 10 desktop. I am having problems with loading these files into MB3. MB3 can not see the Zoom R16/Asio device driver most of the time, MB3 does not work if I just select Asio, also it does not work if I select Portaudio. Sometimes it sees the Zoom R16/Asio drive which I select and MB3 carries on and loads OK. I can playback these wave files from my desktop using windows media player and they play OK just can't seem to get the right setup for MB3 to accept them. The audio is setup to play through Zoom R16 using the USB connection

Is anyone using Zoom R16 that can give me a few helpful hints please.

MB3 has been working very well using my old Audiobox 44VSL, I am trying to move on to multitrack recording using the Zoom R16

Regards

Alan
Windows 10 Pro, 64bit, 16Gb memory, Intel i5 quad 4 (3,450Mhz), Audient ID22,
Reaper, 32C Ver5.1 (Rev 5'1), 32C Version 6
I got rid of WMP (too much hassle!) & installed VLC, Give it a go it's much better!

https://www.videolan.org/vlc/

Sorry but never used Zoom!
W7 home Premiumx64,,,, AVlinux.
I started out with nothing & still have most of it left! (Seasick Steve)Big Grin

(07-31-2015, 12:07 PM)jiff 41 Wrote: I got rid of WMP (too much hassle!) & installed VLC, Give it a go it's much better!

https://www.videolan.org/vlc/

Sorry but never used Zoom!

Hi Jiff 41 thanks for response

Thanks for your response.

Tried VLC but same problem, will play but no sound, WMP won't even play, I'll leave VLC on and see how it goes when the problem is sorted.

Shows how easy it is to place blame (MB3) Received this email from Zoom last night

Dear Alan,

The problem you are having is a result of the new windows 10 and drivers for the R16 not available yet for the operating system. we are trying to get them out as soon as possible. Sorry for the inconvience that this might have caused

--
Zachary Wiegand
Z00M - Customer Support
Windows 10 Pro, 64bit, 16Gb memory, Intel i5 quad 4 (3,450Mhz), Audient ID22,
Reaper, 32C Ver5.1 (Rev 5'1), 32C Version 6
Oh oo! Problems with W10!

I'm going to wait 'till I put an SSD in, do the upgrade on that & keep my original drive so if everything goes wrong I can go back to 7!.

I think I read somewhere that WMP has been taken out of 10??
W7 home Premiumx64,,,, AVlinux.
I started out with nothing & still have most of it left! (Seasick Steve)Big Grin