Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help mute and solo
I need help guys. For some reasen The mute and solo buttons in the mixer channels (MB3) doesn't work (anymore). They light up when I click them but without effect.
Has this something to do with the settings in 'Preferences-Sol/Mute'. I tried every setting there without results.
I'm sure it is my fault somewhere but I can't figured ou. Help...

Is there a way to reset MB3 to factorys settings ?
Be Quiet Pure Base 600 - Intel i9 13900K - 64 GB DDR4 - NVIDEA GeForce RTX3060 Ti 8GB Gaming OC - SSD 1 TB 7000 mbps - FLstudio 21 - Studio One 6 Pro - Mixbus 9,2 32C - Tascam US2400 - Focusrite Clarett +8pre - Adam studio monitors - Windows 11 Pro
Have you grouped any of the tracks?
If so right click on the group tab & select 'edit' to see if you've altered something in there?
W7 home Premiumx64,,,, AVlinux.
I started out with nothing & still have most of it left! (Seasick Steve)Big Grin

No, I see nothing about groups. This is a simple mix. 2 Stereo tracks: 1 PB and 1 vocaltrack.
Even the Solo tap in the track don't light up.
See attachments ...

attachment 2

attachment 3

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Be Quiet Pure Base 600 - Intel i9 13900K - 64 GB DDR4 - NVIDEA GeForce RTX3060 Ti 8GB Gaming OC - SSD 1 TB 7000 mbps - FLstudio 21 - Studio One 6 Pro - Mixbus 9,2 32C - Tascam US2400 - Focusrite Clarett +8pre - Adam studio monitors - Windows 11 Pro
You probably need to deselect "Solo is Listen" and "PFL". Those features route the solo bus to the monitor section (and optionally to some external outputs like headphones). This kind of operation is used for more specialty workflows like live performance recording&mixing.

I notice that you don't have the "Monitor" section turned on. ( Session->Preferences->Use Monitor Section), so you probably just want the solos to work like a "wet" solo, which mutes all the other tracks when engaged. You should disable "Solo is Listen" and switch to "AFL".

I'll make a note to document this better in our manual.
Thanks, I try to figured out in the evening
Ben, I suppose that have to deselect in 'Preference' - Solo Controls are Listen Controls and 'PFL signals come from: can only changing in PFL in AFL.
Just 1 problem; trying to use the Solo boost and SiP Cut: when I click the solo button in a track the Solo Boost in monitor window is working but the other channels are muting even the Solo-Mute in the monitor window is on.
Included an attachment of the settings. What do I have to change to let working The Solo Boost and SiP Cut.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)