Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creating Subgroup Bus from Group
Creating a subgroup Bus from a group on my manjaro(arch)laptop makes exiting MB with a segmentation error (whatever this is).
Doing the same on Tangostudio (debian-based) works perfectly.
Mixbus / Linux 64bit
DLL hell Linix flavour. Try starting Mixbus from a terminal, reproduce the error and see if it spits some statuses when dying.
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
That's what i did, the terminal told me "Erreur de Segmentation".
Mixbus / Linux 64bit
Some module causes a memory violation. Maybe you find something when you run tail -f /var/log/messages parallel in another terminal.
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
(07-20-2015, 05:36 PM)madmaxmiller Wrote: Some module causes a memory violation. Maybe you find something when you run tail -f /var/log/messages parallel in another terminal.

Hey I just thought again, then I googled Big Grin
This might not help you directly, but will certainly help Harrison/Ardour developers to help us all:
http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/...tion-fault

Cheers
MMM
Neither of the two propositions worked for me (gdb tells no executable file and tail has no file to write to.
Anyway, i did try to reproduce the error (remove the mixbus and creating another) and i couldn't.
So it's kind a "resolved"
Mixbus / Linux 64bit
(07-21-2015, 11:56 AM)sonik Wrote: Neither of the two propositions worked for me (gdb tells no executable file and tail has no file to write to.

Yeah you're right, mixbus3 is a script which starts the actual program with the matching parameters... however, even that doesn't get you much further because there are no debugging symbols in the distributed version...

tail -f on the other hand simply follows (-f) a file (/var/log/messages) and shows new entries as they occur. If you like playing with a system, try:
1) open a terminal
2) type: touch funny.txt
3) type: tail -f funny txt
4) open another terminal
5) type: echo "hello max" >> funny.txt
6) in terminal 1 you should now see "hello max" as it is added to the file "funny.txt"
7) check with your standard text editor if you don't believe me Smile

(07-21-2015, 11:56 AM)sonik Wrote: Anyway, i did try to reproduce the error (remove the mixbus and creating another) and i couldn't.
So it's kind a "resolved"

I would call it undecided Smile

MMM