Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
waveform zoom (height)
how can I increase / zoom in the height of a waveform in the editor where the level is low?
There is a linear view and a logarithmic view. I made a template so Mixbus would always use logarithmic view, as I tend to record at low levels too.
When I'm back at my daw I will look and tell you exactly where these settings are...if someone doesn't beat me to it.
Wait I don't get it Crd_x, are you talking about gain staging the one which is ctrl+6?
In the Region menu you find boost/cut region gain options with a shortcut i think arrow left right in US keyboard as default.
It can be customized in Win by placing the mouse coursor over the character (do not click) in the list and hit another on the keyboard. Then you have a new shortcut for boosting (wave gets thicker and louder) or cuting (wave get thinner and weaker)
I just want to be able to zoom the waveform without changing region gain for editing purposes, i.e. if you are looking at phase issues of multiple mono / stereo tracks at low gain in order to make it easier for our eyes to identify the first wave / sample exactly and easier. Just an optical thing without changing the sound/ gain. Smile
Hey crd_x, I hope this will help you:

http://www.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus/m...unfinished

(07-20-2015, 02:03 PM)crd_x Wrote: I just want to be able to zoom the waveform without changing region gain for editing purposes, i.e. if you are looking at phase issues of multiple mono / stereo tracks at low gain in order to make it easier for our eyes to identify the first wave / sample exactly and easier. Just an optical thing without changing the sound/ gain. Smile
thank you mike. I understand, that there is no option to adjust the vertical scaling of a waveform like it is possible in other DAWs? I know how to zoom vertical / horizontal. maybe my english is just not good enought to explain exactly what I'm looking for - sorry for that.