Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some MB3 Issues: Crashes; Pops and Crackle
Star 
UPDATE 7/22/15

Amendment to below.

1. Did some mixing. Of drums and bass. Sounding good.
2. Recorded some guitar. Okay.
3. More mixing. Added Harrison Gverb, their EQ and EZMix on tracks.
4. Drums crashed, audio got a lot of unrecoverable static noise and finally crashed ASIO driver.

I really like MB. Still a fan. But I'll sit on the sidelines for a while.

UPDATE 7/21/15 3p Eastern

1. Rebooted computer
2. Set audio card bit rate and buffer size using the audio card's driver
3. In Windows Sound, made sure only the audio card was enabled for playback and recording; all other device disabled.
4. Started MixBus3
5. Lenthy session programming BFD ECHO drum track
6. Did several takes of bass audio track

So far, so good. Once I start MB3, the Audio/Midi Setting box takes a long time to respond...even get "Not Responding" message from Windows - but it does eventually make connection with ASIO.

Win7, 32-bit, Intel Core Duo, 4 GB Ram, optimized for DAW use, App and tracking on separate drives.

MB2 worked swell on this PC. Unfortunately, MB3 having issues with crackles and pops and crashes.

Tracking with low buffer (512) and mixing with higher buffer (1024).

I have better luck when I set my AD card (M-Audio Firewire 410) setting before opening MB3. If I uses MB3 to change AD setting, it crashes.

My info.

PC: HP-Pavilion m7760n
Memory: 4.00 GB
Hard drives: 3 (MB3 app on one drive; audio goes to second)

Motherboard: Chipset Intel i945G/GS/P/PL
Southbridge Intel 82801GH (ICH7DH)
Manufacturer ASUSTek Computer INC.

Intel® Core™2 CPU 6400 @ 2.13GHz CPUS
Specification Intel® Core™2 CPU 6400 @ 2.13GHz
Current Speed 2.13 GHz
You have to set the audio before opening. I had this problem when demoing Ardour 4 a few months back. I'm having several little bugs too, but I haven't tried MB3 with Jack yet. A lot of this is probably Windows related.
(07-19-2015, 01:46 PM)clintmartin Wrote: You have to set the audio before opening. I had this problem when demoing Ardour 4 a few months back. I'm having several little bugs too, but I haven't tried MB3 with Jack yet. A lot of this is probably Windows related.

Shame. I'll give it one more shot if I get some good recommendations for checking my setting, otherwise I'll set it aside until an update fix comes along. What I loved about MB2 was how fast I got to a good mix with everything that is included and a few or their key plugins.

But as of now, MB3 is unusable unless I can figure out what I may be doing wrong.
I track at 128 buffers in Sonar (48khz.) but I'm having to use 512 in MB3 to avoid the clicks and pops. This isn't a big issue for me since I plan on only using Mixbus for mixing anyway, but it would be nice if the performance were better. I wish I had some good advice to give, but MB3 does have some bugs right now. Hopefully 3.1 will come soon and cure a few of the major things.
Hi Fezzler, Personally, since I have been using mixbus (v2), i have only used it once for recording.
I quickly abandoned that idea and just use mixbus solely for Mixing purposes, and it's not a problem.
I am not saying that it cannot work, but there may be too many issues to sort out right now (especially with ASIO).
I even tried V3 for Midi and for some reason mixbus is not recognising my favourite idrum VSti, so I will continue to use reaper and for me that's ok.
Think about it this way, you could use your other Daw for all those things which mixbus can't do well and switch to Mixbus for what your other daw can't do well

All the best

Jouvert
Mixbus/Windows- VST Plugins
(07-19-2015, 05:57 PM)Jouvert Wrote: Hi Fezzler, Personally, since I have been using mixbus (v2), i have only used it once for recording.
I quickly abandoned that idea and just use mixbus solely for Mixing purposes, and it's not a problem.
I am not saying that it cannot work, but there may be too many issues to sort out right now (especially with ASIO).
I even tried V3 for Midi and for some reason mixbus is not recognising my favourite idrum VSti, so I will continue to use reaper and for me that's ok.
Think about it this way, you could use your other Daw for all those things which mixbus can't do well and switch to Mixbus for what your other daw can't do well

All the best

Jouvert

Well, it was stable yesterday with no clicks and pops. Why? How? Not sure. I did shutdown and reboot before session. Set my ASIO driver setting in my audio card driver first. Also, I made sure my audio card was the ONLY enabled playback and record device in Windows sound settings. Even worked at 48k with BFD ECO Drums.

I'm not computer engineer, but once the ASIO connection issues are solved, everything else should be small fries.
Great news Fezzler. By the way, do you have on the automatic restore function in windows? Maybe that could cause some problems, if it schedules a restore point backup at the same time you're using mixbus, or maybe the defragment function maybe set to run at scheduled times.
Because if you say that you're not sure why mixbus worked, then maybe there's something running in the background.

Jouvert
Mixbus/Windows- VST Plugins
(07-20-2015, 07:36 PM)Jouvert Wrote: Great news Fezzler. By the way, do you have on the automatic restore function in windows? Maybe that could cause some problems, if it schedules a restore point backup at the same time you're using mixbus, or maybe the defragment function maybe set to run at scheduled times.
Because if you say that you're not sure why mixbus worked, then maybe there's something running in the background.

Jouvert

Good tip. I'll check.
(07-21-2015, 02:23 PM)Fezzler Wrote:
(07-20-2015, 07:36 PM)Jouvert Wrote: Great news Fezzler. By the way, do you have on the automatic restore function in windows? Maybe that could cause some problems, if it schedules a restore point backup at the same time you're using mixbus, or maybe the defragment function maybe set to run at scheduled times.

Jouvert

Good tip. I'll check.

I deleted MB3 from my PC. I'll comeback on next version that mentions ASIO fix. Rock on!