Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mixbus not recognising midi keyboard controller
It's great to see os specific sections on the forum.
My problem is that mixbus doesn't recognise my MAudio keystation 88es midi keyboard controller on wy Windows 7 64bit machine.
When mixbus setup starts, the midi section is greyed out, even though my keyboard controller is attached to a usb port. it works great with Reaper.
I have tried updating the drivers (only 2010 drivers were available).

Jouvert
Mixbus/Windows- VST Plugins
Hi Jouvert, can you show us a screenshot of your "Audio/MIDI setup" window? If you can't post it online, please email us at: mixbus@harrisonconsoles.com
(07-16-2015, 06:00 AM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: Hi Jouvert, can you show us a screenshot of your "Audio/MIDI setup" window? If you can't post it online, please email us at: mixbus@harrisonconsoles.com

Ben,

I'm having the same problem. Using ASIO and the midi is selected as MME, but the midi setup button is ghosted out and I cannot select it.

Interface: Mackie Onyx 400f
Win 7, 64bit
After communicating with Ben via email, my midi device problem is finally solved.
A picture tell a thousand words.

Hope this helps

Jouvert

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(07-16-2015, 01:11 PM)Jouvert Wrote: After communicating with Ben via email, my midi device problem is finally solved.

Hope this helps

Jouvert

It worked somewhat. I can sound a note using the PC mouse on the gui keys of the vsti, but nothing happens when I use the external controller.
I can see midi activity on my interface, but no indication that mixbus is receiving the midi signal.
I verified the correct midi input setting on the midi bus.
Try putting on the monitor input button which is at the top of the midi channel in the middle (mixer view)

Jouvert
(07-16-2015, 10:09 PM)Jouvert Wrote: Try putting on the monitor input button which is at the top of the midi channel in the middle (mixer view)

Jouvert

That worked. Thank you for your help.

Update: MB3 crashed after a few notes from my controller.
Great to hear that at least you got it working, Everyone's experience may be different i guess.
The only problem i encountered so far is with multi out instruments such as drums where I am trying to get each instrument to play on an individual channel (no luck so far).
I think that MB still has a ways to go before we could exclusively use it for midi purposes.

Things you could try:

1) Update your keyboard drivers
2) turn off the eight busses (deselect them on the left of the mixer view)
3) you may need to increase your latency settings
4) Try another VSTi

Jouvert
(07-17-2015, 06:07 AM)Jouvert Wrote: Great to hear that at least you got it working, Everyone's experience may be different i guess.
The only problem i encountered so far is with multi out instruments such as drums where I am trying to get each instrument to play on an individual channel (no luck so far).
I think that MB still has a ways to go before we could exclusively use it for midi purposes.

Things you could try:

1) Update your keyboard drivers
2) turn off the eight busses (deselect them on the left of the mixer view)
3) you may need to increase your latency settings
4) Try another VSTi

Jouvert

There are no drivers associated with my keyboard, other than the default Windows midi.
I'm already at 1024 samples and is unusable due to latency.
The only vsti that I could to work was the default synth that came with MB3. All others crash when I try to bring up the gui.

I'm hoping that v3.1 is more stable.

Thanks again for all of your help.
(07-16-2015, 01:11 PM)Jouvert Wrote: After communicating with Ben via email, my midi device problem is finally solved.

Hope this helps

Jouvert

And check that 'Auto insert' is NOT checked as well?Smile
W7 home Premiumx64,,,, AVlinux.
I started out with nothing & still have most of it left! (Seasick Steve)Big Grin