Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] A little lost on multi-out synths
Sad 
I've RTFM multiple times and the MB3 paradigm of adding multiple outs for a synth (think AD2, EZDrummer2, Slate SSD, etc) escapes me.

Am I wrong in thinking that I should get as many stereo outs (as tracks) as the synth allows?

Can someone describe the generic process to me to see multiple tracks (i.e. kick, snare, hats etc) for a drum synth?
My Studio Specs

I track, edit and manage tracks in Studio One Pro V6/CbB. I try to always mix in Mixbus32C.

“It did what all ads are supposed to do: create an anxiety relievable by purchase.”
― David Foster Wallace, Infinite Jest
Hey bapu,

See this thread for some help. It appears some of the multi-out plugins don't work as expected. Some do.

http://mixbus.harrisonconsoles.com/forum...-1250.html
"Firstly, make sure the VST says it has multiple outputs. Look in the Outputs column of the Plugin manager to verify that.

Add the instrument. Let's assume it is a 16-channel out VST. You should see 16 green "pips" underneath the instrument, indicating that it has 16 channels out.

Now go to the "output" button of the strip, at the bottom. Right-click on it to open up the routing grid. You should see 16 outputs on the channel. Route those to 16 mono channels and mix them."

^^^^ Ben Said ^^^^^

Here's my first question: Do I add the instrument to the MIDI track (seems so)? How do I see the "pips" under the instrument? Is that in the Channel strip?

I'm not at my DAW but will give this a go with Kontakt, AD2, EZKeys, EZDrummer, Superior, Slate SSD4, Jamstix, BFD3/2, Play, SampleTank 3, Ivory II & Real Guitar over the next few days.
My Studio Specs

I track, edit and manage tracks in Studio One Pro V6/CbB. I try to always mix in Mixbus32C.

“It did what all ads are supposed to do: create an anxiety relievable by purchase.”
See the images on post 16 of that thread. See the 16 little green indicators in the jamstix image.
(07-15-2015, 03:52 PM)dayvyg Wrote: See the images on post 16 of that thread. See the 16 little green indicators in the jamstix image.

Thanks.
My Studio Specs

Now I understand.

DOH!
My Studio Specs