Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixbus 10, Ubuntu 24.04 and Pipewire
My my nVidia graphics card is older than yours....

Have you tried:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:graphics-drivers/ppa
sudo apt update
sudo apt install nvidia-driver-550

And login into Wayland session to see if it works?
(05-05-2024, 07:20 AM)Maux65 Wrote: My my nVidia graphics card is older than yours....

Have you tried:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:graphics-drivers/ppa
sudo apt update
sudo apt install nvidia-driver-550

And login into Wayland session to see if it works?

Will give it a try , cheers
Linux for years!
Ubuntu studio 24.04 LTS  Mixbus 32C  V9
Dell Precision  T3600  8 core 64gb ram.
(05-04-2024, 09:13 AM)wavesound Wrote: My sound problems seemed to be with the Tacsam 1608.

i have a tascam 16x08 and its working fine. i switched to a CQ18, even better. but the tascam was working fine for me with mb10/pipewire/xfce22.04.04

what problems are you having with your tascam?

normally what I do is setup the tascam to what I want using tascam-gtk front end, then use alsa to dump the config, and have that config reloaded when i log in to the system so the tascam is always exactly as I want each boot up.
-- BC --
(05-05-2024, 12:02 PM)BloodyCactus Wrote:
(05-04-2024, 09:13 AM)wavesound Wrote: My sound problems seemed to be with the Tacsam 1608.

i have a tascam 16x08 and its working fine. i switched to a CQ18, even better. but the tascam was working fine for me with mb10/pipewire/xfce22.04.04

what problems are you having with your tascam?

normally what I do is setup the tascam to what I want using tascam-gtk front end, then use alsa to dump the config, and have that config reloaded when i log in to the system so the tascam is always exactly as I want each boot up.

Could it be firmware related? I know my Motu is class compliant - up to a certain firmware version. If I go beyond that version, it gets ugly. Luckily Motu allowd a firmware "downgrade" and provided older versions as well on the web.

Pipe-thingy should be fine as it is still Alsa underneath.

Maybe you check and google for it?

Cheers, MMM
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths