Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Export ADM
I'm wondering what is and what is not included in the ADM export.  

External I/O processing?
External synths?
Plugin File Players?
Audio from interface IN?

The manual defines an "export" process, which is different than record or bounce ...
I'm in DEMO mode so can't test for myself.

Thanks,
h
you will probably have to record external sources first.
2023 Mac mini m2pro with 32GB RAM with audient id44mk2
@hodger: Atmos ADM export is always 'offline'. Inserts and external synths must be recorded or bounced if you want them in the immersive mix.

We might someday allow 'realtime' atmos export, but currently the disk-writing process is implemented in a way that does not lend itself to realtime.

-Ben
Offline doesn’t seem to be any big hurdle as long as the process is predictable.

What is the QC process after the export is completed? Can we play it back and hear it through the same monitors? I would be hesitant to send something off to a service without some sort of confirmation process.

Thanks for any ensight.
h
Probably the best way to QC ADM-Files atm is to use the Dolby Atmos Renderer, which can be used as a standalone player. But importing ADM-Files back into Mixbus would be sweet to have in soooo many ways..
Yes, the Renderer is the only complete checkpoint.

As 2 work-arounds for some level of export validation

Apple's Logic Pro X can import the ADM. Logic has its own way of laying out the contents though, for example stereo objects become dual mono. But this is helpful to make certain that all the "stuff" we expect to be included is actually included, sounds clean, and where the package starts and stops etc.

Pro Tools can import the ADM, and also has its own way to converting to tracks. Useful as above, to make sure you know what has been included and verify track quality.

h
And to mention: Nuendo also has the function to import ADMBWFs, like Logic Stereo-Objects get Dual-Mono there. And you have to change the routing slightly as the imported Master Bus is set to 7.1.2 and you need 7.1.4 for the Atmos Renderer.
Great to know. My awareness of all things Nuendo dropped off a long time ago.

h