Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MB10 Pro and MIDI Learn
Hi All, not sure if I am missing something, but I cannot seem to get MIDI learn to come up in any way. I have enabled Generic MIDI in the the Preferences. Since my trackball and trackpad don't have a middle button I downloaded an app for macOS which allows me to assign three finger on the trackpad to emulate a third (middle) mouse button. This still doesn't work (CMD+Middle Click or CTRL+Middle Click).

Has any mac user successfully used MIDI learn to assign knobs to a controller? I have my SSL UF8 and UC1 working, and can use the SSL 360 Link plugin to assign anything plugins to the controllers. And yes, I have searched this forum and read the manual and watched the Harrison YouTube videos on the subjects. I'm just at a complete standstill.

Huh 

David

Edit: I have found an app that seems to allow a middle button called 'Middle'. It does bring up the 'operate controller now' dialog...I guess you have to specify what MIDI device (protocols) you want to use when you checkmark 'Generic MIDI'. Its a shame there is not an All MIDI option, unless there is and someone can point that out.
David
MacMini 2020 M1 Ventura 13.6 Upgraded to Sonoma 14.4.1 16GB 512GB + 8TB Ext Storage - Focusrite 18i20+ADA8200+AXE I/O One - SSL UF8+UC1 - MixBus 10
Hi David,

Can you confirm me that with SSL UC1 you can control all the mixbus channelstrips (including the SSL EQ part), and map any 3rd party plugins to the console knobs? I'm considering whether to buy a SSL UC1 or Softube Console1, the compability with MB confused me a lot.

Much Appreciated!
Mixbus 10 Mac 13.6 | i5-13600K | 32GB Ram
Hi Tommy,

The SSL UC1 uses a wrapper called 360 Link which you are able to map your UC1 to pretty much any VST3 plugin. This does not appear to work with the MixBus 10 channel strips which are loaded by default on every track. I would think with the relationship of SSL and Harrison that this would be forthcoming at some point in time. But I am just guessing...I am hoping that SSL and Harrison fully integrate their modular controllers (UF8-UF1-UC1) with MixBus so we can get a more seamless approach to hybrid setups.

Since the UC1 can be mapped to almost any VST3 plugin, I do not need to 'MIDI learn' using other controllers or MIDI devices. I was finally able to get the middle click working on my mac using a third party app and even a free open-source one from Github (MiddleClick) to use MIDI devices should I want to in the future.

I am also about to test if I can get MetaGrid Pro (from Metasystems) to work with MixBus using my iPad as the MIDI device for mapping other functions! This program on my iPad can also perform a middle-click should I need it.

All in all, I love my UF8 and UC1! Anything I map using the 360 Link wrapper in MixBus can be used in REAPER or Cubase or Studio One (and vice-versa) without having to map them all over again for each DAW.Here is a YouTube title which can shed a lot of light on the UC1 and 360 Link

"SSL360Link The good and the bad" by In The Studio with Ronni Santmyer @BigBangAudio

Unfortunately, I've had other MB10 issues (crashing using templates) which I have been working with Harrison Support to resolve. This has delayed further testing and kind of left a bitter taste in my mouth on this upgrade.
David
MacMini 2020 M1 Ventura 13.6 Upgraded to Sonoma 14.4.1 16GB 512GB + 8TB Ext Storage - Focusrite 18i20+ADA8200+AXE I/O One - SSL UF8+UC1 - MixBus 10