Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Copy EQ 32c <-> 9000J
Now with having two EQ's at one's disposal, how about (or is it a hidden feature) the ability to copy EQ parameters between 32C and 9000J?
If you make a list of the two EQ's you will see that the differences possibly out weigh the similarities - getting one to 'copy' to the other could be a huge ask.... 32C has VariQ (Q factor changes depending on level) and that is a really hard feature to map.

What I do like is that you can have a setting in 32C and then flip to a 9KJ setting and compare.
The two seperate EQ's will hold an individual setting and you can flip between the two.
I tend to manually map a setting from one to the other and then compare and choose the best.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(04-24-2024, 04:45 AM)Dingo Wrote: If you make a list of the two EQ's you will see that the differences possibly out weigh the similarities - getting one to 'copy' to the other could be a huge ask.... 32C has VariQ (Q factor changes depending on level) and that is a really hard feature to map.

What I do like is that you can have a setting in 32C and then flip to a 9KJ setting and compare.
The two seperate EQ's will hold an individual setting and you can flip between the two.
I tend to manually map a setting from one to the other and then compare and choose the best.

You nailed what I asked. Just the basics. Boost/cut and frequency. Quick to A/B.

I just tried an example of setting HF/LF filters in 32C (133Hz low pass/4.1KHz high pass) and flip to 9KJ, did not see the 9KJ filters move. Should they have? Or am I misunderstanding? Could be useful.
These are two different Equalizers. One which you are capable of adjusting the quality value one not. If you think about it just by engaging the E mode on the ssl you are telling the equalizer to use more narrow slope. To me, what you are requesting is more complicated than it looks. However, I wouldn't mind to have the ability to engage both equalizers at the same time.