Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not much luck adding videos to session
Just experimenting as we have some live recording sessions we want to sync up with separate videos taken at the same time. One .mkv (AVC and MPEG2 audio) imported the audio track but when I click Alt-V no video window appears. 

I then experimented dragging and dropping various mp4, mkv containers that used a variety of codecs. I never got any video to appear. 

This is ok, I normally would mix the audio and export to stereo and then use Vegas Pro to sync up that finished track with the videos taken. I'm curious if there is a way to perhaps use Handbrake to process a video so it will open in a video window while recording more tracks. The singer likes to see the original video while overdubbing.
(04-21-2024, 10:39 AM)dsteinschneider Wrote: Just experimenting as we have some live recording sessions we want to sync up with separate videos taken at the same time. One .mkv (AVC and MPEG2 audio) imported the audio track but when I click Alt-V no video window appears. 

I then experimented dragging and dropping various mp4, mkv containers that used a variety of codecs. I never got any video to appear. 

This is ok, I normally would mix the audio and export to stereo and then use Vegas Pro to sync up that finished track with the videos taken. I'm curious if there is a way to perhaps use Handbrake to process a video so it will open in a video window while recording more tracks. The singer likes to see the original video while overdubbing.

I believe if you convert it to mp4 or such it will work. Many applications don't like mkv. Handbrake should do. I'm not sure if OBS Studio can be "misused" to convert it, but it natively records in mkv and offers to convert the video after. Maybe if you slip it into its recording directory?

Just a couple of thoughts, MMM
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
I have always found the optimum way to use xjadeo is to use it's import function.
Normally I get .mov or .mp4 delivered and transcode them via xjadeo.
Just downloaded a sample .mkv and in v10 was able to transcode that and have it spot to the timeline.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(04-21-2024, 08:31 PM)Dingo Wrote: I have always found the optimum way to use xjadeo is to use it's import function.
Just downloaded a sample .mkv and in v10 was able to transcode that and have it spot to the timeline.

Haha I was sure he used the import function but wasn't sure if xjadeo accepts mkv. It's been a while.
But now I could pull out that one surround project which I then finished cumbersomly in Ardour and Ambisonics... if only I had the speaker setup for it yet.
MMM
Linux throughout!

(04-21-2024, 10:38 PM)madmaxmiller Wrote:
(04-21-2024, 08:31 PM)Dingo Wrote: I have always found the optimum way to use xjadeo is to use it's import function.

Haha I was sure he used the import function but wasn't sure if xjadeo accepts mkv. It's been a while.
But now I could pull out that one surround project which I then finished cumbersomly in Ardour and Ambisonics... if only I had the speaker setup for it yet.
MMM
Got headphones ? Go binaural
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(04-21-2024, 10:41 PM)Dingo Wrote:
(04-21-2024, 10:38 PM)madmaxmiller Wrote:

MMM
Got headphones ? Go binaural

Yeah thanks! That'll be fun!
In fact, I got given a pair of "surround cans" with two sets of speaker capsules per ear - I'll find them! Smile
MMM
Linux throughout!

(04-21-2024, 10:41 PM)Dingo Wrote: Got headphones ? Go binaural

What'd be great would be if someone (at Harrison?) could produce a small, downloadable Mixbus session to demonstrate Atmos in use  Cool
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
Maybe something about my Windows 10 computer is causing the issue where I can't drag and drop any mp4 I've tried so far. The only file that I could drag and drop was an .m4v with avc video and mpeg audio. The audio stereo track showed up and played but I couldn't get the video window to display. Perhaps I don't know the correct way to do that. I tried Window > Video Monitor.

Most videos I drag onto the editor tracks area but nothing happens.

How do you "import" via xjadeo? I right clicked and only see "open". It was able to open files but didn't transcode anything. 

Sorry, this is the very first time I'm trying to edit audio for a "music video" in Mixbus.
(04-22-2024, 12:45 PM)dsteinschneider Wrote: Maybe something about my Windows 10 computer is causing the issue where I can't drag and drop any mp4 I've tried so far. The only file that I could drag and drop was an .m4v with avc video and mpeg audio. The audio stereo track showed up and played but I couldn't get the video window to display. Perhaps I don't know the correct way to do that. I tried Window > Video Monitor.

How do you "import" via xjadeo? I right clicked and only see "open". It was able to open files but didn't transcode anything. 

Sorry, this is the very first time I'm trying to edit audio for a "music video" in Mixbus.

To Import / Transcode Video into Mixbus...

1.  Session / Open video to launch xJadeo (Mixbus Video engine)

2.  Set Video Track will open, navigate to the location of your images and press OK

3.  The Transcode dial box opens and here you can set options such as import audio or use LTC to spot in time..

After transcoding the Video will appear in your Mixbus session.

Once you have transcoded material you do not have to do it again.
Menu option in Set Video Track allows access to the transcode folder.

More details in the manual

If you drag a .mov or .mp4 onto the Mixbus Editor timeline it will extract the audio only.
(04-22-2024, 06:04 PM)Dingo Wrote:
(04-22-2024, 12:45 PM)dsteinschneider Wrote: Maybe something about my Windows 10 computer is causing the issue where I can't drag and drop any mp4 I've tried so far. The only file that I could drag and drop was an .m4v with avc video and mpeg audio. The audio stereo track showed up and played but I couldn't get the video window to display. Perhaps I don't know the correct way to do that. I tried Window > Video Monitor.

To Import / Transcode Video into Mixbus...

1.  Session / Open video to launch xJadeo (Mixbus Video engine)

2.  Set Video Track will open, navigate to the location of your images and press OK

3.  The Transcode dial box opens and here you can set options such as import audio or use LTC to spot in time..

After transcoding the Video will appear in your Mixbus session.

Once you have transcoded material you do not have to do it again.
Menu option in Set Video Track allows access to the transcode folder.

More details in the manual

If you drag a .mov or .mp4 onto the Mixbus Editor timeline it will extract the audio only.

Thank your for these instructions! I think I'm good to go now. Mixbus does something Cakewalk can't do - you can slide the video forward nn frames.