Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixbus 10: Can't edit MIDI notes with 'Stacked layer display'
Hello! I have a 100% reproducible MIDI editing bug with Mixbus Pro 10:
The problem is when clips are in "Stacked layer display", the bottom clip's notes can't be moved around correctly. (They jump out of view to another octave or something.)

Repro Steps:
  1. Open Mixbus. Create new session with an 'empty' template.
  2. Add MIDI Track (Black Pearl Drumkit)
  3. Record a clip of MIDI (for example, play a kick & snare beat)
  4. Set it to Rec: Snd on Snd
  5. Record a 2nd clip of MIDI overlapping the first (play some hihats)
  6. Go to View > Region Layers > Stacked layer display
  7. Hit E to switch to "Use Internal Edit Mode"
  8. Drag notes around in the top stacked clip. Observe that you can change note positions correctly.
  9. Drag notes around in the lower stacked clip. Observe that when dragging a note, it jumps to another octave out of display and can't be moved around (!)
This problem happens 100% of the time when clips are in "Stacked layer display".

Additional Notes:

If you use the Grab tool to move the clips side by side, the notes can be edited normally and the problem goes away... But if you move them to be stacked again, whichever clip is on bottom can't have its notes moved correctly.

This is happening in the current version of Mixbus Pro 10, on Windows 11. To rule out other issues I turned off all Windows Scaling and tried at various resolutions. I also tried with various UI scale settings inside Mixbus. The problem happened consistently, so I think the problem is not related to scaling or resolution -- it is a problem with editing the bottom clip when two clips are stacked during Stacked Layer Display.

I hope you can look into this. Thanks!