Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
renderer inputs 1-10 exposed
Please consider exposing the first 10 inputs to the renderer onto the Router "Audio Connections Manager."  (Perhaps under Mixbus Misc or a new renderer tab.)

For Atmos mixes that benefit from immersive reverbs and other non-stereo processing, this route capability would make the addition of the renderer to v10 more complete.

g
@hodger - Totally 100% agree there are so many reasons why the first ten inputs need to be utilised and a traditional 7.1.2 (or whatever) bus added to the Mixer.
Real multichannel reverb is the most obvious but not only reason.
At the same time, having come from a traditional summing bus background, I am finding the possibilities that object mixing can provide very very attractive.
From a Post perspective...
The traditional path is for me to deliver a 5.1 / 7.1.2 etc with ALL instruments welded together. If time permits I might spit out some stems... if time permits.
With an Object based mix I can deliver an adm.wav file which gives the re-recording mixer total control over every element in the mix. Each track / object has my levels, EQ and compression rendered into the audio file plus the position I want it in is there in the meta data. The final mixer can still get control of any single instrument / track.
In Music streaming the advantage of Object mixing is that the re-rendering of the Atmos mix is more finessed and controllable than folding down a Bed track.

Beginning of a long thread I think...
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
>Totally 100% agree... the first ten inputs need to be utilised.

Great.  Hope to see them added quickly.  Not really sure why it was omitted to begin with.

> ...and a traditional 7.1.2 (or whatever) bus added to the Mixer.

Not part of THIS feature request.  Not required.  Do note however that it WAS part of my list in February that you disagreed with so fervently.  

>Beginning of a long thread I think...

Not from me.  As I pointed out in Feb in your response to my post, there is little common ground between our views.  MB 10's Atmos IMPLEMENTATION is brilliant, however you guys hobbled it to get to market, just bolting it on.  I'll still be doing most of my atmos work on other platforms - MB10 isn't nearly there yet, but if you guys can expose these renderer inputs I will be able to utilize MB10 somewhat.

h
@hodger - the first 10 inputs in the Dolby / ADM specification are allocated to being a bed only.... That could be a 7.1.2 or whatever.
So in real terms you can get 128 inputs into the renderer: 1-10 as a Bed and 11-128 as objects and/or beds.

The intent was to meet an immediate need for Music producers to be able to release a mix as adm.wav for the streaming services that can do it.
Utilising the first ten inputs is on the agenda and the developers are looking at innovative ways to do that.

In my older years I am re-thinking the 'norms' and trying to approach things more laterally....
I am not anti this or that, I am just pragmatic about what can be achieved.

Perhaps like you ? I would love to see a version of Mixbus that can fully replace any need for Protools.
From my perspective version Ten is a giant leap in that direction...

Hopefully we can continue this discussion a little further down the track.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(04-22-2024, 02:06 AM)Dingo Wrote: > ...you can get 128 inputs...

I'm quite familiar.  Have a renderer, have setup facilities.

> Utilising the first ten inputs is on the agenda and the developers are looking at innovative ways to do that.

Ben has already replied as such.  My "feature request" was intended to give a quick solution independent of whatever innovative concepts are dreamed up, which will certainly take longer than adding 10 boxes onto a router tab.

h