Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SSL UF1 and UF8 Linux support
Hi

I'm thinking of changing my RuCo controller for SSL UF1 and UF8 controllers. According to Nathan they are fully supported, but the manual says this about these controllers:
-----
  • Mixbus provides dedicated support for SSL’s UF-8 and UF-1controllers via SSL360 software
  • Combine up to (4) SSL UF8’s, and a UF1, for 33 motorized faders of mixing
  • Direct access to Mixbus’s channelstrip EQ, Sends, and Dynamics from the UF8 knobs
----
SSLs manual for the UF1 sates the following:

"UF1 requires the SSL 360° software to be installed on your computer in order to function. SSL 360° is the brains behind your UF1 control surface." 

Here's the thing: "Mixbus provides dedicated support for SSL’s UF-8 and UF-1 controllers via SSL360 software". The SSL360 software are Windoz and MAC only, so what can we Linux users expect from these controllers? Will they work? Will they work with a standard set of functionality? Will it be possible to change settings in a way or another?

Somebody that have tried them on Linux?

Steinar

Mixbus Pro 10.0, Kubuntu Linux 64 23.10, Stock Low latency kernel, KXstudio repos, i7-3720QM CPU@2.60GHz, 12 Gb RAM, nvidia GeForce GT 650M/PCIe/SSE2, X.org nouveau driver, Zoom L12 Digital mixer/Audio interface