Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it possible to drag in multiple tracks from source list
For a while I've been creating a blank session and then importing 20 recorded tracks from our Ui24r. Now I've created a template so I imported the tracks to the source list. I can drag one track at a time but haven't figured out how to drag in all 20 at once. Is there a way to do that?

Also - how can I drag the tracks so they start at the beginning of the session? Right now they seem to land a bit to the right and I have to drag them to the beginning.

Thanks
(04-13-2024, 10:50 PM)dsteinschneider Wrote: For a while I've been creating a blank session and then importing 20 recorded tracks from our Ui24r. Now I've created a template so I imported the tracks to the source list. I can drag one track at a time but haven't figured out how to drag in all 20 at once. Is there a way to do that?

Also - how can I drag the tracks so they start at the beginning of the session? Right now they seem to land a bit to the right and I have to drag them to the beginning.

Thanks

I don't know of a way to drag multiple sources onto the timeline, but once you have dragged them over, select the region/s, press Control+2 and it will spot to the recorded timestamp.

The approach I would possibly use in this scenario would be to open a session from template, import to new tracks in the manner you want (start, playhead, T/C etc) then with Lock selected on the Edit page, just drag tracks up into the template channels... then delete the empty tracks.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
Thanks for the above suggestion - that way I can drag all 20 tracks in at once. As an engineer/bass player, I find it easier to manage/monitor gain levels and recording directly on the Soundcraft Ui24R which does a beautiful job recording 24bit 48K .wav tracks. The homebrew USB C USB storage I'm using (SSK m.2 enclosure with Samsung 980) can copy the tracks in at 400 Mbps so the transfers don't impede the workflow.  

Features Request: 

1. Allow dragging multiple source tracks at once
2. If you click slightly to the left of the tracks window they all align at the track beginning.
I used to Import to bring in the Ui24R tracks in one operation as new tracks. So far, I've only figured out how to drag on at a time up into the template's matching track. Is there a way to drag all 20 tracks up?
Use the grab tool to lasso around the tracks in question or shift+click to attention the regions, then drag them up or down to the empty channels.
You can also right mouse / selected regions / Group to create an edit group (Command+G) to ungroup it is Shift+Command+G.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(04-14-2024, 01:02 AM)Dingo Wrote: then with Lock selected on the Edit page, just drag tracks up into the template channels... then delete the empty tracks.

You can also use ctrl+drag to arrange tracks (regions) locked in time.
MMM
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
I don't know why the first time I was trying to lasso multiple tracks and drag them I couldn't. When these replies came I tried again it worked fine. So workflow is open preconfigured 20 track template (track color, panning, some eq, busses, reverb) and import the Ui24R tracks as new tracks. Then I drag them up and then instantly have a rough mix I can export for band members and its ready for actual mixing sessions.