Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pulsar Primavera Clipping Issuie
Hi there, I just pursached de Pulsar Primavera plugin and Im having a noise issue. 
Theres cliping nosie in every track when I insert the plugin. 
No need to be routed to anywhere or tracks send to the plugin, just when I insert it on a track, a bus or a mixbus. 
Even with the plugin deactivated.

Any idea? 
Thanks!

M32c v9, W10, vst3
Does clipping occur even with no reverb settings active; ie., set to dry/unprocessed signal only?
That plugin does not seem to have an input trim; how what happens if you lower your send amount?

Cheers!
Patrick
(04-13-2024, 12:41 PM)PBuryk Wrote: Does clipping occur even with no reverb settings active; ie., set to dry/unprocessed signal only?
That plugin does not seem to have an input trim; how what happens if you lower your send amount?

Cheers!
Patrick

Thanks for reply!

Does not matter. It doesn't matter if the plugin is active or inactive, if it is at high volume or low, if it has one parameter and another. Clipping occurs in the rest of the tracks. 
That's what has me perplexed. 

I just verified that if the plugin is on the audio track itself, the noise does not occur. Only when on an aux bus or a mixbus. If it is on an aux bus it only happens when there is a send to that bus (it does not affect the amount), although everything else is not relevant. If it's on a mixbus it doesn't matter if there are active send or not, it always happens. 

BTW The noise sounds like a sample rate mismatch noise.
(04-13-2024, 12:49 PM)MikeTPR Wrote:
(04-13-2024, 12:41 PM)PBuryk Wrote: Does clipping occur even with no reverb settings active; ie., set to dry/unprocessed signal only?

Cheers!
Patrick

Thanks for reply!

Does not matter. It doesn't matter if the plugin is active or inactive, if it is at high volume or low, if it has one parameter and another. Clipping occurs in the rest of the tracks. 

I just verified that if the plugin is on the audio track itself, the noise does not occur. Only when on an aux bus or a mixbus. If it is on an aux bus it only happens when there is a send to that bus (it does not affect the amount), although everything else is not relevant. If it's on a mixbus it doesn't matter if there are active send or not, it always happens. 

OK, testing on macOS but...
Downloaded demo of Pulsar Version: 1.0.12 and what I am finding is that by setting the Drive to 10 I can make even low level material distort.
Even if the Output is set to 100% dry the Drive factor stays the same, wet / dry only controls the reverb return.
Tested with stereo VST3, VST and AU across Mixbuses and find that when physically bypassed, signal flows cleanly.
Get same (clean) result on Intel and M1 systems.

Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(04-13-2024, 12:49 PM)MikeTPR Wrote: I just verified that if the plugin is on the audio track itself, the noise does not occur. Only when on an aux bus or a mixbus.

This is being investigated in another thread and will hopefully be fixed in the next release. It only happens with certain CPU's (currently. all Intel CPU's as far as we know).
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
(04-13-2024, 06:48 PM)Dingo Wrote:
(04-13-2024, 12:49 PM)MikeTPR Wrote:

Cheers!
Patrick

Thanks for reply!

OK, testing on macOS but...
Downloaded demo of Pulsar Version: 1.0.12 and what I am finding is that by setting the Drive to 10 I can make even low level material distort.
Even if the Output is set to 100% dry the Drive factor stays the same, wet / dry only controls the reverb return.
Tested with stereo VST3, VST and AU across Mixbuses and find that when physically bypassed, signal flows cleanly.
Get same (clean) result on Intel and M1 systems.

Thanks for the testing! I', not having an problem with driver controls or wet/dry that works perfect! All the preserts, the gui and the the controls seems to work great. What got me out of my mind is the degradation noise on original track, even with no audio going to the plugin.  Confused
(04-14-2024, 02:02 AM)johne53 Wrote:
(04-13-2024, 12:49 PM)MikeTPR Wrote: I just verified that if the plugin is on the audio track itself, the noise does not occur. Only when on an aux bus or a mixbus.

This is being investigated in another thread and will hopefully be fixed in the next release. It only happens with certain CPU's (currently. all Intel CPU's as far as we know).

Of course I read this post before asking but I thought it was unrelated since I haven't had any type of crash. Everything else seems to work correctly. A second reading makes me doubt. 
Do you think it may be related, I have an Intel® Core™ i7-7800X CPU @ 3.50GHz, the post seems to only talk about i9 and Xeon based unit issue. 
On i7 it says it doesn't have the same problem.

Thank you.
Hi Mike - if you're familiar with the old (DOS style) commands you can open a Windows Command Prompt and navigate to the folder where Mixbus got installed (typically somewhere like:- C:\Program Files\Mixbus32C-9\bin )

Now launch Mixbus by typing it's name. Just before Mixbus appears you'll see some text getting printed in the Command window. If you see a line saying [INFO]: AVX512F capable processor then unfortunately you'll be affected.
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
(04-14-2024, 02:50 AM)johne53 Wrote: Hi Mike - if you're familiar with the old (DOS style) commands you can open a Windows Command Prompt and navigate to the folder where Mixbus got installed (typically somewhere like:- C:\Program Files\Mixbus32C-9\bin )

Now launch Mixbus by typing it's name. Just before Mixbus appears you'll see some text getting printed in the Command window. If you see a line saying [INFO]: AVX512F capable processor then unfortunately you'll be affected.

So... Yeah. I was doing this right now.

Mixbus32C: [INFO]: MMCSS Initialized
Mixbus32C: [INFO]: Your system is configured to limit Mixbus32C to 2048 open files
ARDOUR_CONFIG_PATH not set in environment
Mixbus32C: [INFO]: Loading system configuration file C:\Program Files\Mixbus32C-9\share\ardour9\system_config
Mixbus32C: [INFO]: Loading user configuration file C:\Users\ESTUDIOS TPR\AppData\Local\Mixbus9\config
Mixbus32C: [INFO]: CPU vendor: GenuineIntel
Mixbus32C: [INFO]: AVX capable processor
Mixbus32C: [INFO]: AVX with FMA capable processor
Mixbus32C: [INFO]: AVX512F capable processor
Mixbus32C: [INFO]: CPU brand: Intel® Core™ i7-7800X CPU @ 3.50GHz

I tested the demo in another cpu in home, thats why I had no issue.
Guess I'm moving to the affected thread. Thank you very much, You have saved me from having to do more tests, reinstall the system, etc.