Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Automation Lanes on Master Fader
I am currently mixing a project where I am using multiple WesAudio processors. This company's products offer seamless recall and full control of hardware parameters via dedicated plugins via USB connection.

In my case, I am using the _DIONE bus compressor and _HYPERION EQ on the Master bus. I would like to automate parameters but the Master has no automation lanes.  Huh

Is this something that might be added to V10? Would be nice to see it in 9 but that's probably not going to happen at this stage.
I am with you. I set up an aux bus, send the things I need to be automated as a group there, then into the busses.
Mixbus 10 Pro 10.0.0
Apple Mac Studio M1 Ventura 13.6.6
PreSonus Quantum 2626
iCON V1-M & 2 Extenders
X-Touch & 2 Extenders
(04-13-2024, 08:17 AM)mastermixaudiomedia Wrote: I am currently mixing a project where I am using multiple WesAudio processors. This company's products offer seamless recall and full control of hardware parameters via dedicated plugins via USB connection.

In my case, I am using the _DIONE bus compressor and _HYPERION EQ on the Master bus. I would like to automate parameters but the Master has no automation lanes.  Huh

Is this something that might be added to V10? Would be nice to see it in 9 but that's probably not going to happen at this stage.

I might be missing something here, but running 32C v9.2.172 ARM on a macMini and I can select and automate plugin parameters on the Master Fader strip.

Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(04-13-2024, 06:58 PM)Dingo Wrote:
(04-13-2024, 08:17 AM)mastermixaudiomedia Wrote: I am currently mixing a project where I am using multiple WesAudio processors. This company's products offer seamless recall and full control of hardware parameters via dedicated plugins via USB connection.

I might be missing something here, but running 32C v9.2.172 ARM on a macMini and I can select and automate plugin parameters on the Master Fader strip.

It's ME that was missing something! I dragged the height of the Master track and VOILA!

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming...  Confused

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I'm trying to figure out how to automate panning on a couple of the mixbusses, been looking on youtube and the manual. I could automate the panning on those tracks connected to the bus but that would be much more work. I can automate the fader for the bus but i'm not seeing anything for the panning.

I'm on V10 btw
I don't believe there is automation available for the busses other than the master.
I have to create a separate stereo aux, route my stuff there first, apply any plugin, panning, volume and other automation, then send that to the buss if I still want it there before master.
Mixbus 10 Pro 10.0.0
PreSonus Quantum 2626
iCON V1-M & 2 Extenders
X-Touch & 2 Extenders
(04-26-2024, 08:40 AM)jeff_sloan Wrote: I don't believe there is automation available for the busses other than the master.
I have to create a separate stereo aux, route my stuff there first, apply any plugin, panning, volume and other automation, then send that to the buss if I still want it there before master.

Yes doesn't seem like it, hopefully they create that in a not too distant update.
(04-26-2024, 08:17 AM)dahjah Wrote: I'm trying to figure out how to automate panning on a couple of the mixbusses, been looking on youtube and the manual. I could automate the panning on those tracks connected to the bus but that would be much more work. I can automate the fader for the bus but i'm not seeing anything for the panning.

I'm on V10 btw

Show the Editor List (Shift+L), Choose the tracks and buses tab, check the V box for the bus you want to see in the Editor canvas, click the A button and choose Master pan for automation.
The Doctor
Getting Surgical with Audio
(04-26-2024, 01:28 PM)Nathan@Harrison Wrote:
(04-26-2024, 08:17 AM)dahjah Wrote: I'm trying to figure out how to automate panning on a couple of the mixbusses, been looking on youtube and the manual. I could automate the panning on those tracks connected to the bus but that would be much more work. I can automate the fader for the bus but i'm not seeing anything for the panning.

I'm on V10 btw

Show the Editor List (Shift+L), Choose the tracks and buses tab, check the V box for the bus you want to see in the Editor canvas, click the A button and choose Master pan for automation.

Ah, ya killin' me Smalls!
Man, those dang tabs on far right are hard to see even on a 55" screen at 4K!
What else ya been hiding from me!? Smile
I been starin' at the sources list this whole time!

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!
Smile
Mixbus 10 Pro 10.0.0
PreSonus Quantum 2626
iCON V1-M & 2 Extenders
X-Touch & 2 Extenders
(04-26-2024, 01:43 PM)jeff_sloan Wrote:
(04-26-2024, 01:28 PM)Nathan@Harrison Wrote:

I'm on V10 btw

Ah, ya killin' me Smalls!
Man, those dang tabs on far right are hard to see even on a 55" screen at 4K!
What else ya been hiding from me!? Smile
I been starin' at the sources list this whole time!

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!
Smile
I don't know how to fix your poor eye site. Those tabs in the Editor List have been around for years.  Please learn how to use your software Smile  More videos are coming just for people like you who need all the help they can get.  But seriously, send me those questions.  I got videos to make.
The Doctor
Getting Surgical with Audio