Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Session comment field
Hi,

would be nice to have a global session comment field, for example in Session->Properties
I use the Comments tab on the Master Fader... you can get @ 2000+ characters in the editor... plenty for most mixes Smile
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
I've gotten my associates to use the "description" field under METADATA for that purpose.
Nice big screen to fill up.

Cheers!
Patrick
You know? After thinking about it for a little bit... Yeah... Can we get an actual "Session Comments" feature added?
Here are my recommended specifications:

- Found under the "Session" tab
- Accessible via Hot-key
- Simply opens up a file "Session_Comments" (or just "Comments") within the actual session folder.
- Edit with whatever text type editor one has available
- No file size limit.
- User can "format" the layout however he/she wants.

I suggested this addition being a simple text file, but if possible,
maybe it be a more "Rich Text" type file and edited via MS Word, Adobe PDF, or whatever file the user chooses?
It would be really nice to be able to insert diagrams or other JPG files.

@ChristopheLABBE -
Thanks for the suggestion!

Cheers!
Patrick
You know? After thinking about it for a little bit... Yeah... Can we get an actual "Session Comments" feature added?

- New item, located under the "Session" tab
- Accessible via Hot-key
- Simply opens up a file "Session_Comments" (or just "Comments") within the actual session folder.
- No file size limit.

maybe it be a more "Rich Text" type file and edited via MS Word, Adobe PDF, or whatever file the user chooses?

@ChristopheLABBE -

Cheers!
Patrick
(03-19-2024, 03:36 PM)PBuryk Wrote: You know? After thinking about it for a little bit... Yeah... Can we get an actual "Session Comments" feature added?

- New item, located under the "Session" tab
- Accessible via Hot-key
- No file size limit.

@ChristopheLABBE -

Cheers!
Patrick
Under the Menu bar for Sessions, there is the 'Metadata' -> 'Edit Metadata' option It has several fields and tabs to display those fields  that are editable and there is a large 'comments' section.  Definitely worth a look.  
Thanks @PBuryk.
Going to METADATA to put comments didn't even occur to me, but it does the job !
Cheers.
Christophe.