Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
midi editing
Hi all. I am running mixbus v8.2 on a Dell venue pro 11 tablet, windows 10 pro. 1.9 quad core 4 g ram. I have it connected to a
 20 inch touchscreen monitor via USB. So far it runs a couple virtual instruments and a few audio tracks with no issues.

I typically create midi tracks in cakewalk sonar. I would like to do more in mixbus but it just isn't as easy.
There's not a edit window like in sonar. Or am I missing something. All midi has to be done in the track view?
no there is none, just editing within the track. But it is a feature a lot of us would love to have Big Grin
2023 Mac mini m2pro with 32GB RAM with audient id44mk2
Ok thanks, I'll guess I'll stick to creating midi in sonar.
In sonar you can open the edit window on a midi track and you get a close up view of it. You can eve view full screen. It's for fine editing. You can do that in the audio track as well. In mixbus it just seems you have to zoom in and that doesn't give you as much detail. I really only got mixbus because of a real mixer environment.
The touch screen works well but mixbus only supports single touch. I spent a lot of years working faders with a mouse on a mixer that just left me uninspired. From cakewalk home studio 9 to sonar 6 , 8 and currently x3.
The last before cakewalk shut down. I think cakewalk is still does midi better than anyone. I have tried studio one and curbside. Those left me confused.
Not saying this is what you are looking for....you can drag and select an area and hit Z. It will zoom into the specific area you defined. Then Z again to zoom out.
Win 7-64/Dell Precision Dual Quad 3ghz/20gb-MX v5.3/32C v8.2.170-RME UFX/RME ff800