Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Track Colour follow mixbus colour
Perhaps that is somehow possible and an option I just have not found yet, but it would be so sweet and helpful to me, if the colour of the individual tracks would follow the colour of the mixbusses they are assigned to…
2023 Mac mini m2pro with 32GB RAM with audient id44mk2
@arthie -

That sounds like a helpful feature.
There are a couple things you can do in the meantime, if you're interested...

1) Assign specific colors to the Mixbus channels and then assign those same colors to any audio channel tracks that you have routed to them.
Yeah, this is clunky. But, if you don't change your channel routing much (eg, you're using TEMPLATES), then this might accomplish the same thing.

2) Use AUX/Audio buses instead of Mixbuses where you can. If you include them as part of your instrument groupings then they will follow
your color assignments of the groups. I use this method.

Cheers!
Patrick
@arthie -

Also... a thought that occurred to me after I sent my previous response (above).

For the feature, you requested...
Which Mixbus color would you expect to be assigned to the channel faders of those channels were routed to more than one Mixbus?

Cheers!
Patrick
Yes that one came up to me, too, probably two options: 1: a mixture, so mixbus a blue and b red makes purple and 2: colour of mixbus with lower number.
I did that method 1 today and that was the moment I came up with the idea that this would be handy to have as a feature, but using groups to colourize would be best practice probably.
2023 Mac mini m2pro with 32GB RAM with audient id44mk2