Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The ability to bypass every single plugin and channel strip
I need the ability to do before and after with one click in Harrison for tutorial purposes. Studio One does it, Reaper does it.
No it would be nice to …
?
Windows pro 10 ,Intel i9 CPU 10900k,32GB RAM,500 GB C Samsung 970 m2,1000 GB D 970 m2,RME Fireface  802 FS ,Yamaha NS 10 m,Dynaudio Bm5mklll,Icon Qcon pro G2,PT HD 12,5 HMB 32C V. 3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 pro
Mixersnapshot before and after does not do the trick for you?
2023 Mac mini m2pro with 32GB RAM with audient id44mk2
(03-14-2024, 04:50 AM)arthie Wrote: Mixersnapshot before and after does not do the trick for you?

Just jumping in on this - so, by the time we've added plugins, generally several changes to the mix balance will have taken place. It is simply not going to be a direct comparison between with plugins and without - very impractical. So no, I don't imagine Mixersnapshot will do the trick. 

I second the request, badly needed! And available in most if not all other DAWs
+1 on the channel strip all-plugin bypass ability.

Cheers!
Patrick
I understand that other DAWs have this feature but it seems like a complicated feature to do correctly.

If you disable all plugins then you must remember not to re-enable the plugins that were already disabled (perhaps this is handled by some hidden bypass mechanism that doesn't change the actual plugin's settings....?)

Secondly, there are plugins that (for example) widen a mono channel to stereo, or split it into mid/side, or pan it, or conversely sum 2 channels down to one. If you bypass those plugins then I can imagine the signal would stick to one side or the other, or ... I dunno something strange.

So, while it sounds like a cool feature, it may be that our more complicated signal flow makes this an impractical addition for us.

Besides the "wow all those plugins really {helped|hurt} my mix" , what is the purpose of disabling all plugins? If it's to stem-export your tracks without processing, then we have a checkbox for that in the stem export dialog.

Perhaps I'm over-thinking it.

-Ben
(03-14-2024, 12:31 PM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: Besides the "wow all those plugins really {helped|hurt} my mix" , what is the purpose of disabling all plugins?  If it's to stem-export your tracks without processing, then we have a checkbox for that in the stem export dialog.

Is that what the /opt/Mixbus32C-9.2.172/share/scripts/bypass_all_plugins.lua script is for? Could that be run independently?
Mixbus 32C, Debian Bookworm/KDE, EVE SC205 + ADAM Sub 8 monitors, Soundcraft Compact 4, M-Audio 2496, i5 6500, 16GB RAM, WD Blue SSD 1TB, 48" LG OLED, other stuff.
Work as house engineer at a popular venue in Melbourne AU. On a quest for the holy grail, the perfect amount of cowbell.

(03-14-2024, 05:17 PM)sunrat Wrote:
(03-14-2024, 12:31 PM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: Besides the "wow all those plugins really {helped|hurt} my mix" , what is the purpose of disabling all plugins?  If it's to stem-export your tracks without processing, then we have a checkbox for that in the stem export dialog.

Is that what the /opt/Mixbus32C-9.2.172/share/scripts/bypass_all_plugins.lua script is for? Could that be run independently?

The bypass script only works on plugins in the Processor area, not the embedded EQ or Dynamics sections.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
@Dingo -

That's fine for me!
I was not expecting to bypass the EQ/Dyn sections.

Thanks for the tip!!!

Cheers!
Patrick
Since people only have mentioned snapshots :
How about mixer scenes?
Mac Pro 5,1 | 6x 3,4Ghz | 48GB | OS X 10.14  | Macbook Pro M1 | 16GB | OS X 14.4 | Metric Halo 2882 3d 
http://www.sounddesign-pro.com