Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Full Softube Console 1 integration
I'm wondering whether this may in fact come with V10.

I've been using Console 1 for a few months now and I really find it so useful to the point that in Studio One I rarely use any other channel strips or EQs, it's so wonderful to have a tactile surface that really does work like an analogue console. I'm not mixing big projects in S1, this is mostly for clients in a hurry, record and mix in a day sort of thing, or me sending out quick mixes for my musicians working on tracks. The visual feedback on screen when using the SSL console is really perfect. The combination of old fashioned console knobs together with visuals is a perfect blend of new and old. No more mousing around. And this is the MKII not the (pricey!) MKIII.

I know there's integration of sorts in Mixbus, I've tried it, and it works, but for me it would be 100% better if the screen operated as it does using the SSL channel strip. My eyes aren't great with the tiny knobs on the channel strips in Mixbus, and yes, we mix with our ears not our eyes, but...I'm sure we've all got used to dialling in certain frequencies by eye and ear as our experience tells us - all the major daws now have an EQ curve graphic on every channel.

I have yet to do a big session in Mixbus using Console 1. But I will soon be mixing a new album, and intend to do an A/B of the SSL Console v. MB32C channel strips. I know they'll sound different, but whether that difference is significant enough to warrant the eye strain of MB channels remains to be seen. I can't believe how fast I get get my EQ set in the Console 1 / SSL world. I'm sure the SSL strip going through the MB chain is going to sound pretty darn good anyway, retaining the summing and analogue vibe etc.

Now that the two companies have merged, I really hope that full integration for MB32C with Console 1 comes. 

Dream ticket mixing environment!
Hi, thx for the info. just 2 questions:

- what are the parts that not full integrated for mb10 with console 1?

- can you map 3rd party vst3 or mb channel strip with console 1?
Mixbus 10 Mac 13.6 | i5-13600K | 32GB Ram