Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DSP and maxing out the processing
I built a computer right in the midst of Covid.  I ended up building a computer with 12 cores, 32GB of RAM, a pretty powerful GPU that's way more than I need for MB32C, and fast drives all around.  I have noticed on larger projects I seem to max out my DSP processing yet my CPU cores are barely having to work when it hits 100%.  Is there something I need to do to setup MB32C to better utilize my hardware?  I selected to use all CPUs minus 1.  It doesn't seem to make a difference what I do there.
(03-12-2024, 12:55 AM)sirpas Wrote: I built a computer right in the midst of Covid.  I ended up building a computer with 12 cores, 32GB of RAM, a pretty powerful GPU that's way more than I need for MB32C, and fast drives all around.  I have noticed on larger projects I seem to max out my DSP processing yet my CPU cores are barely having to work when it hits 100%.  Is there something I need to do to setup MB32C to better utilize my hardware?  I selected to use all CPUs minus 1.  It doesn't seem to make a difference what I do there.

Firstly what buffer size are you running in your Audio Setup ? Generally I have found 1024 is the best option.

Check the Preferences / Performance and try increasing the Disk I/O buffering.

Also refer manual about Windows specific setup.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(03-12-2024, 12:55 AM)sirpas Wrote: I built a computer right in the midst of Covid.  I ended up building a computer with 12 cores, 32GB of RAM, a pretty powerful GPU that's way more than I need for MB32C, and fast drives all around.  I have noticed on larger projects I seem to max out my DSP processing yet my CPU cores are barely having to work when it hits 100%.  Is there something I need to do to setup MB32C to better utilize my hardware?  I selected to use all CPUs minus 1.  It doesn't seem to make a difference what I do there.
Did you ever figure it out?  I had the same issue and everyone was trying to educate me on stuff I figured out in the 90s.  I had a project that was running about 38 percent in MB32c and all of a sudden it was running at over 60, next day it was maxed out at 100 and unplayable.  I reinstalled windows and now the exact same project runs at 20 percent.  When this was happening, Reaper and Studio One had no issues, but every project I have been doing getting comfortable with MB32c just went bonkers.  I am still on the edge of wondering if MB32c is really ready to be a dependable DAW.  I really like the concept and being a lifelong FOH guy I love the layout, sort of like Samplitude.  Anyhow, hope you got it figured out.
I feel the same way...I have no issues with cubase 10.5 and refuse to anything newer, but really, really love mixbus when it works...it had been running great, then I decided I would work with varispeed, wowowowo, 92% then 100%...froze then crash....now a month + later still trying to get it to function.....I was playing some tracks and left the room for 1 minute and found it just stopped....I need the features but not the headaches...it's driving me back to my m20 adat...
@metull -

Have you tried contacting Mixbus Support?

Just curious
Patrick
(04-06-2024, 05:28 PM)metull@verizon.net Wrote: I feel the same way...I have no issues with cubase 10.5 and refuse to anything newer, but really, really love mixbus when it works...it had been running great, then I decided I would work with varispeed, wowowowo, 92% then 100%...froze then crash....now a month + later still trying to get it to function.....I was playing some tracks and left the room for 1 minute and found it just stopped....I need the features but not the headaches...it's driving me back to my m20 adat...

As @PBuryk suggested.... contact support - mixbus@harrisonconsoles.com

It also helps if you list in posts and emails what version of Mixbus you are running (current release is v9.2.172) and what hardware / OS versions you are running.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5