Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Timeline on the analysis box after exporting
Hi,

I would like to have a timeline, marked as A as an example on the attached file,  in the graphical representation of the analysis that comes up after exporting a song. That will make it easier to find the unwanted peak, which is marked as B, on the project.

In this case (see the graphic), there was no particular track that had this peak, but a combination of 5 tracks made it. I think this is quite common, and a timeline with minutesConfusedecond:milliseconds would be very helpful.

EDIT: As Dingo found out (see post below), the lack of a timeline is only when one selects "analyse only" during export, but I think that a timeline should appear here as well. The idea of only analyzing is IMO to identifying problems and a timeline will fit perfectly here. When that is done, then one can export to files for real.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Mixbus/Mixbus32C on Linux (Kubuntu)/KXStudio repositories.
GUI: KDE and Fluxbox
(03-05-2024, 10:24 AM)Jostein Wrote: Hi,

I would like to have a timeline, marked as A as an example on the attached file,  in the graphical representation of the analysis that comes up after exporting a song. That will make it easier to find the unwanted peak, which is marked as B, on the project.

In this case (see the graphic), there was no particular track that had this peak, but a combination of 5 tracks made it. I think this is quite common, and a timeline with minutesConfusedecond:milliseconds would be very helpful.

Hi Jostein - what version of 32C are you running ?
I am using v9.2.172 and get a Time line in the middle of the UI... tested with MP3 and .wav and get same.

Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(03-05-2024, 08:47 PM)Dingo Wrote: Hi Jostein - what version of 32C are you running ?
I am using v9.2.172 and get a Time line in the middle of the UI... tested with MP3 and .wav and get same.

Same version. Do you get that dialog box when exporting?
Yes that is a screenshot post export with Analyze Exported Audio checked.

@ Jostein - just tested and when you do analyse only there is no timeline
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(03-06-2024, 02:07 AM)Dingo Wrote: Yes that is a screenshot post export with Analyze Exported Audio checked.

@ Jostein - just tested and when you do analyse only there is no timeline

Thanks, I will edit the OP accordingly.  :-)